Homelite EZ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennisj73

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Good Morning All,

I was up at the farm this weekend and looking at an old chainsaw of my fathers. It is a Homelite ez, the automatic I believe. It won't start. I took the spark plug out and tried cranking it and did not see a spark. It seems that I should be looking at the ingnition. Your insight would be appreciated.

DJ

get me a ut # i will see what it shows on the ipl if it is a points ignition system or a magnatron ignition system that can really make a huge difference in the two

or if you can tell me if it is a older 70s model chances are it is pts system and if that is the case then more than likely the pts and or condenser is shot

thanks
calvin

good news if it is a super EZ automatic i do have the pts and the condenser for them

also need to know if its a wico ignition or a phelon ignition ?

Last edited:
get me a ut # i will see what it shows on the ipl if it is a points ignition system or a magnatron ignition system that can really make a huge difference in the two

or if you can tell me if it is a older 70s model chances are it is pts system and if that is the case then more than likely the pts and or condenser is shot

thanks
calvin

Thank you Calvin. I will let you know, but I won't be going back up until this weekend. It is the model with the red case, not the blue case.

DJ

ok what you need to do is check to see if it does have points if it dont then we know it takes the A94111 solid state ignition coil which is not cheap from Homelite but i can get them aftermarket i just sold my last one on the shelf for 20.00 to someone but it was rusted on the core so i reduced it to that amount for the guy but that is if it is not got pts and condenser we still need to find out if it is a wico or phelon system though cause them do not interchange if it has pts

now for some reason if it was a pts system and say the wico parts are not to be found you can however change out the system by putting the phelon stuff in the place of the wico stuff that can be done but it would take changing everything out including the rotor

Last edited:
ok what you need to do is check to see if it does have points if it dont then we know it takes the A94111 solid state ignition coil which is not cheap from Homelite but i can get them aftermarket i just sold my last one on the shelf for 20.00 to someone but it was rusted on the core so i reduced it to that amount for the guy but that is if it is not got pts and condenser we still need to find out if it is a wico or phelon system though cause them do not interchange if it has pts

now for some reason if it was a pts system and say the wico parts are not to be found you can however change out the system by putting the phelon stuff in the place of the wico stuff that can be done but it would take changing everything out including the rotor

Thank you Calvin. I get more information on the model!

DJ

Back