Homelite XL700 Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I finally found my camera, it was right where my wife put it. I got the 700 a week or so ago and have only played with it a little. I put a shot of mix in the carb and it fired up and sounds great. The screws on the muffler are pretty rusty so I'm soaking them with WD40. Once I get a look inside the exhaust ports I'll decide if I'll just try running it the way it is, Joe.

006-6.jpg

005-7.jpg

singleken45

singleken45

ArboristSite Lurker
Xl700

Nice looking saw. I just bought one also , but yours looks nicer . Mine is a combination of red & blue sections . Not sure how that came about .I'm needing a new fuel line & air filter . But I'm looking for any spare parts I can find . Maybe we could share info whenever we get something ? God bless, Ken

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I just went back out to doodle with the saw some. Pulled the muffler and the spark arrester looked like new, was hoping it might be a low use saw. Peeked in the port and crap, it looks pretty scored up. I hope this picture is big and clear enough. What do you think, Joe.

009-6.jpg

010-3.jpg

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Nice looking saw. I just bought one also , but yours looks nicer . Mine is a combination of red & blue sections . Not sure how that came about .I'm needing a new fuel line & air filter . But I'm looking for any spare parts I can find . Maybe we could share info whenever we get something ? God bless, Ken

Ken, keep in touch, I'll keep updates coming. Where's Franklin? Joe.

singleken45

singleken45

ArboristSite Lurker
Xl700

Ken, keep in touch, I'll keep updates coming. Where's Franklin? Joe.

Hi Joe, I can't believe I actually found a reply button to respond to you. Hey, please use my email "[email protected]" so I don't have to figure out how to respond to you each time. Where are you located ? I'm in Franklin, Pa 16323 so if you do a search on Mapquest it'll be more direct . Did you ever hear of Erie, Pa & Pittsburgh, Pa. ? Well I'm in between the two cities about 1 1/2 hours drive . I'm not good at map questions & answers but I guess I'm in northwestern section of Pa. I've not traveled much & when I had a wife & we went anywhere , she did the driving or we would've gotten lost .I'm what is called a home body .It would be neat if we was close to each other . I enjoy meeting people with same interests . By the way, I have a perfect match for the blue paint mixture if you would want it .Email me sometime , I'd enjoy chatting about this saw . Your piston doesn't look good . Thank God, mine looks great .I'm still trying to get a new fuel line . I won one on ebay , but the seller has never sent me an invoice since last months bidding so I'm still looking . God bless, Ken:chainsaw:

singleken45

singleken45

ArboristSite Lurker
rarefish 383

Hi Joe, anything new ? I still haven't found a new gasline for my XL700 . I had a guy drop off 4 saws a couple weeks ago in agreement to try & get the one running (without any money spent on it). Not possible since the electronic module is shot . Good compression but no sparkie . He gave me a Pioneer 1200, Homelite XL12,McCulloch ProMac ? . I also picked up a very nice Cub Cadet 1711 Hydro lawn tractor but now problems . Somehow , somewhere , it lost oil & locked up . I'm hoping to soak pistons & free it up . Me & my friend who is my repairman can't see any evidence as to where the oil went .I had just changed the oil before runniong it so I know it was full . It just makes me sick seeing that 17 hp twin seized up .I misplaced your email address , if you wanta , email me & give it to me again . God bless, Ken:mad:

Latest posts