HomeLite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the Original EZ before and after shots. Complete strip down and painted. New crank, used P&C, new rings, new seals, carb kit and a lot of elbow grease. Will probably start it this weekend and do a video but couldn't wait to post photos. Didn't even take time to clean up the shop.
Waiting on the decals now.

Hey buzz where did you get your paint????

Hey buzz where did you get your paint????

The red is Valspar tractor paint - Massey Fergusen red. Used the same on my 1050 and it was a good match. After it dried for a week I added a couple coats of clear polyurethane. This has worked to protect against gas and oil on the 1050, Mall GP, and the SP125.

For the green, Krylon makes a product called "X Metals". It's a transluscent paint that gives an anodized look. It was close but a tad too blue so I applied a base coat of gold Krylon followed by the X Metals. Just a little darker than the original but it's close enough for me. It's just on the starter screen of an original EZ so if I ever get the correct color, no problem to repaint.

RandyMac, those are some cool looking old Homies - you gonna redo?

Does the polyurethane scratch easily?

My Homlite(s) consist of a XL-102. Think it is the first saw I'm going to totally restore.

I don't think it scratches too easily - any more that the stock finish would, but then I don't intend to use it for cutting. I use the 125 on bigger wood and it has held up OK - couple dings but I expect that on any saw. My main concern was resistance to fuel and oil. I use the same Poly U on my golf woods and it holds up fine on the face. No cracking or chipping from hitting golf balls.

Buzz, I leave most of my chainsaws with their historical patina (scratches/damage) intact. I do have some that will be restored and then thrashed again. The XP1130 will be someone elses as soon as they trade for it, I know that it will be completely redone, he makes decals, it should be as good as new.

RandyMac

Gary!! good to "see" you
Nothing much, just trying to stay in place, getting tougher every day, who knew getting old would be soo much work.:)

I'm at work, so back to the cameras and buttons

Good to see you postin' mang!

Hells bells... this place could use a cuss like you 'round here... Some whippersnappers need to be hauled up by their shorthairs... LOL

Glad you're still hangin' around. :)

Gary

Well I had a C6 that someone took from my garage! I got the last laugh, they didn't notice I had the starter recoil assmbly removed. I have a WIZ now that I picked up at a flea market for $20.00. I took it home checked the spark and compression, both good. I took off the carb and cleaned it out, but in some fresh gas and she fired right up. Loud, smokey, and shakes like crazy, got to love em!

I just got a Super XL and a C5. I put gas in the Super yesterday and it fired right up. The C5 needs the high tension lead replaced and a spark plug replaced. I plan on restoring both of these saws in the future, but I also want to have some fun with them and cut some wood.

Just acquired my wife's grandpa's Xl-700; got it running yesterday; need the large air filter and the one bolted just by the choke plate.

Otherwise, looks to be in good shape...

KRS

Back