Hot start issue with a 555

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At a course myself and 3 husqvarna bigwigs taught to calfire yesterday on the 562. Husqvarna changed recomended air gap on ignition to 9 thousandths also spark plug gap to 16 thousandths. The fire guys biggest problem is old fuel but they wont admit it. Here in california its 10% ethanol in all fuel the buy huge quantitys and only have the issue till the get fresh fuel in june (they refuse to admit it) so husky is try to help counteract it on their end. We pulled 8 carbs yesterday and everyone of em the diaphrams were starting to bag or were completley stiff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, very hazardous work, potential life and death at the extreme end, and they won't admit they store and use out of date stored fuel which could make a critical tool be inoperable...hmm...eventually there will arise some interesting lawsuits.

I have worked on a few 550 & 562's with the same problem. the only time I could replicate the problem was to flood the saw when hot (Full choke)
However, I have noticed a difference in the "ease of starting" by running some of the Autotune diagnostic tools. If you got a decent dealer in the area, I would bring it in for a diagnosis, preferably the one you bought it from.

Back