How do you carry your firewood tools?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
memory, is that an official Boy Scout hatchet?? I have one just like. Bought it when I was 12, about 40 years ago!!

I have no idea, I picked this up at our church yard sale. Have no idea how old it is, it seems to be made out of the good metal, it has a little weight to it so I am sure it has some age to it. They don't make stuff like they used too.

Saw tools , oil , spare chains , chalk , measure stick , wedges ; anything saw related is in a 5 gallon bucket with one of the pocket organizers on it.
Rigging gear , ropes, slings , anything rigging related is in a large sized milk crate.
Personal gear , chaps , climbing harness and gear , helmet , safety glasses , ect. ; basicly anything that my safety might rely on is stored in a large dry box out of the elements.

I use a Klein metal tool box with a tray in it. Spare chains go on the bottom. Greaser, scrench, carb driver, wedge, couple extra bar nuts, soft fine bristled paint brush for dusting off gas and oil caps before refilling and a small roll of shop towels... Always handy and ya never know when ya might have to go. :confused:

P7090002a.jpg
My box: Old Stack-on...no model # and I've never seen another since. I'd love to find another as this one is getting worn out :p The only thing similar that I've seen so far is a Plano med kit box that is much larger.

I keep extra chains for each of 4 different bar sizes, tach, sprockets, files, misc tools for both Husky and Stihl, bunch o small spare parts like bolts, nuts, etc., plugs, flashlight, wedges, filters (Husky, Stihl). etc.

I carry everything on the front of the quad in a box made to hold everything:

2012-12-07_20-16-35_68.jpg~320x480

It has a fold down shelf to sharpen and fuel saws.

2013-02-23_12-45-13_969_zpsdfbe1c2c.jpg~320x480

Back