How do you store your saws and etc?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep the runners on a shelf in the garage, parts stuff goes in the storage hut after being generously fogged inside and out Sta-Bil fogging oil.

S7305477.jpg

I put 6-8 on this dealer display I was fortunate enough to find (right place, right time).

Another 3-4 on this log stand.

S7300773.jpg

Another 4 under the bench, and the rest play hide and seek around the shop. The 041G is going in the bedroom though, even though I might get kicked out of it haha.

Well right now my baby,ms361 is setting in my bedroom...think my wife is dealous...lol

Speaking of storing chainsaw(s) for storage, anyone have experience with the chainsaw bag and/or the Chainsaw Bar Scabbard from Green Valley Products?

Speaking of storing chainsaw(s) for storage, anyone have experience with the chainsaw bag and/or the Chainsaw Bar Scabbard from Green Valley Products?

Nope. I went down to one of the local Fire Departments and asked if they had any damaged 3" trunk line. Cotton outer with a rubber inner. Cut as needed.

I store my saws on 3 different shelves, back of my pick up, and locked in the tool box. Bars and chain combos are hanging from lag bolts in the support beams on the bar. Whats interesting is the 55 gallon drum 80% full of bad chains that Ive acquired over the years.

Mine are stored where the rear seat use to be in an extended cab yard truck that we use to go and cut and haul fire wood, 360 days of the year, 5 days of out right pampering in the shop. The truck is a one stop saw shop, bars, chains, oil, spare parts, snickers bars....

On the floor in the middle of my garage, right in front of the door. Seems they are the only tool I use regularly, so no need to make room for anything else. Also, I almost always run them dry.

On a shelf in the unheated garage (where the temp. never goes below freezing), empty; and I never use gas with ethanol in it.

Nice! I've got that same Dewalt radio in my shop, it's about to go! PITA aren't they?

Not mine - I've had it for quite a few years and it has worked fine tho not overused. I've at times hooked a cd player up to it and that worked also. One thing I don't like is I can't get it to remember stations even with a battery in the charger. ???

Ive always had a couple saws around so it was never a problem. My recent Acquisition disorder, because of this site, has changed the game plan. Got to do something soon as they are everywhere in my shop and becoming trip hazards.

Latest posts

Back