How many are EBAY / CL chainsaw buyers and watchers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much do you watch EBAY or Craigslist?

• Hard core watcher, I'm out to turn a buck! Buy more than 20 saws.

Votes: 10 10.3%
  • I watch and buy often, I'm in the 10-20 purchase group.

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Watch often, and I'm in the "up to 10 group".

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I look now and then but have what i need.

Votes: 29 29.9%
  • I watch the thread here for deals.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I buy only new saws.

Votes: 7 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Very well done poll, watsonr!:) I wonder how many hard core CL eBay buyers/sellers would actually admit to category 1. It must help to have this a private poll.:cheers:

I ain't got no shame! :)

I check Ebay and CL pretty much every day. You never know when you'll find the right deal on anything you need, not just saws.

Usually though everything is overpriced.

Sorry man, I'm all out. I haven't found anything local on CL and I don't look further than Ann Arbor. What kind of projects are you looking for? PM with details.

I guess I got lucky then that you didn't snatch up that 361 out in Tecumseh 3 weeks ago for $150.
:blob2:

None of the choices apply...I watch eBay like a hawk if I'm really in the market for something I can't find anywhere else. When I'm not looking to buy anything, I don't look much at all.

I look on ebay occasionally for parts but seldom buy any there because it costs more than local sources. I never buy saws from ebay or CL because I can do much better at yard sales, flea markets, etc. I usually buy "parts saws" and repair them. I especially like the saws that I buy that the owner says "can't be repaired". I've got a Craftsman 2.1 that the owner said couldn't be repaired...I've been using it since 1990..

I have to do ebay because my fav models don't ever show up around me. Bought some nice ones in the Carolinas and a real nice one in BC Canada...Bob

My collection with the exception of the 377 have all been previously used. I can buy three or four good running saws for the price of one new saw.

I've had a couple of craigslisters even ship the saws to me, no problems.

I've been "bitten" 3 times trying to get CL crapheads trying to ship to me...it is a risk, i agree, but...

Latest posts

Back