how many cord will a tw5 or tw6 splitter split in one hour

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skidoo52

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
how many full cord will a timberwolf tw5 or tw6 split with a conveyor in one full hour?

Last edited:
How much wood can you sling up on the splitter in an hour? That much.

Not only was that funny as hell, but you hit the nail right on the head! Good answer!

OP, I bet that didnt help much though. But at least you got a good laugh to start the morning out with!

how many full cord will a timberwolf tw5 or tw6 split with a conveyor in one full hour?

Too many variables, even if someone gives you an amount, may not work for you, or you may do better. There is your ability to load, round diameter, round length, type of wood, straight or "naughty", and so on. I have run the TW5 and if you are working by yourself, it will not slow you down.

I own a TW-5 and me and one helper can do 1 1/4 FULL cords an hour. Now that is cutting it and splitting it but if it is already have them cut then me and a helper can pop out a full cord in 25 mins. But as stated before it all depends on wood type and how strait it is and size the bigger stuff has to be run though at least three maybe more times. Now these times are at rated at a much cooler temp than they are now like around 40F to 60F not like now at 80F to 100F in the middle of summer. And the with the TW-6 you only pick up 2 secs and three tons I am glad that I own mine and am not a hired hand because I have been feeding it before and as soon as you turn around it need another peace of wood. And I just looked again and you said with a conveyer the numbers before is with out but with it we do 1 3/4 an hour and that is pushing it when you get done after eight hours all you want to do is fall over and sleep.

Last edited:
A tw-6 with a 6 way will keep 3 people moving at a good clip. 2 people will be very tired if you intoduce a conveyor and a large supply of rounds to the equation. 2-2.5/hr depending on # of people.

Last Year's models could

Timberwolf dropped the Auto-Cycle function, not even an option this year, on all their models. Auto-cycle is without a doubt far more important in terms of processing speed than a couple seconds on cycle time.

You either need to find a leftover machine or order a Prince Auto-Cycle valve, around $250 - $300 and plumb it in yourself.

With the right size rounds, working alone I can get a cord an hour through my TW-2HD splitting to stove size. When we split big for my neighbor's OWB we can do his 7 cord in about 4 to 5 hours without really busting hump.

Take Care

splitter speed

as said before i have a tw6 it keeps me and 2 mem very busy knotty stuff stringy crap i give to my buddys the tw6 will make you very tired at the end of the day good luck

IMHO organization is what makes you able to split quickly. I park my trailer on the off side of my splitter and gather all of my rounds close enough that i dont have to walk far to get them. I do have auto cylce so i am able to grab a new log will the ram is heading backwards. anyway to answer your question u should be able to split 2 cords a hour if you have a helper and can work hard for that hour. I usually try to work hard for 30 minutes or one cord then take a little brake and get some rounds closer and stack wood on the trailer/shed for thirty minutes. This way i can keep up the pace all day.

Latest posts

Back