How many people do you know that can not spell?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKRENZ02

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Husqvarna or Jonsered? I think it is kind of funny... I have walked up to soccer moms with Volvo's and did my famous quiz. Women that drive volvos I have noticed can spell correctly these two saw companies. I think it is a Swedish thing. I do know being a certified Honda trainer that people will call Husqvarna's "Husky's" because they do not want to feel stupid that they do not know how to spell Husqvarna. I have talked to Husqvarna workers about this. What do other people think?

I just try to spell it as Husky.

There's a girl at work who seems reasonably intelligent, but can't spell for sh*t. Not complicated words, just basic everyday english.

Well...There's certainly quite a few here that need to work on their spelling and punctuation ...LOL
A little trivia, did you know the the "H" in Husqvarna is silent? It's pronounced Oosk-varna, I learned this when I restored several Husqvarna dirt bikes a few years ago.

Husqvarna or Jonsered? I think it is kind of funny... I have walked up to soccer moms with Volvo's and did my famous quiz. Women that drive volvos I have noticed can spell correctly these two saw companies. I think it is a Swedish thing. I do know being a certified Honda trainer that people will call Husqvarna's "Husky's" because they do not want to feel stupid that they do not know how to spell Husqvarna. I have talked to Husqvarna workers about this. What do other people think?

Yes. I know what you mean. Some people think that "can not" is two words. It's actually one word; "cannot". Other folks think that the plural of "Volvo" is "Volvo's". The plural is "Volvos".;)

What I would like to know is.....when the :censored: :censored: did "then" and "than" become used for the other word's meaning.

I do like BlueRidgeMark's signature on this subject though.

What I would like to know is.....when the :censored: :censored: did "then" and "than" become used for the other word's meaning.

I do like BlueRidgeMark's signature on this subject though.

What about "would of" for "would've", or "all of a sudden"? It's like the innerweb in inhabited by third graders. Third graders who don't know squat about two stroke oil...:)

A-friggin'-MEN on the then/than dealio.

Yes. I know what you mean. Some people think that "can not" is two words. It's actually one word; "cannot". Other folks think that the plural of "Volvo" is "Volvo's". The plural is "Volvos".;)

I think you will find the plural of Volvo is "Boring old persons cars"
lol
I know 1 person under 50 that owns one!

What about "would of" for "would've", or "all of a sudden"? It's like the innerweb in inhabited by third graders. Third graders who don't know squat about two stroke oil...:)

A-friggin'-MEN on the then/than dealio.

People who concentrate on grammar are anal retentive aholes! :)

For what it's worth, the question mark should be within the closing parenthesis. Also, your last "sentence" is a fragment, having no verb. :)

True, but what if your Volvos own something?

Husqvarna

Well...There's certainly quite a few here that need to work on their spelling and punctuation ...LOL
A little trivia, did you know the the "H" in Husqvarna is silent? It's pronounced Oosk-varna, I learned this when I restored several Husqvarna dirt bikes a few years ago.

I found no reference to a silent H in husqvarna in any reference I could find. I did find this bit:

http://www.billcasselman.com/unpub_two/husqvarna.htm

If it is a combination of two words, and the first being Hus (house), it is not pronounced like "moose". It is more like "juice" and the H is not silent.

My favorite is when people add an a between the q and the v.

Last edited:
It's definitely silent. The word begins with more of a grunt sound than a sounded letter.

Say "husk". That word begins with the first letter originating slightly below the jawbone.

Now..."usk". This words starts deeper in the throat, nearly the top of the chest.

The old timers at Husky, way back when I rode a factory bike, took it a step further.

They combined the top of the chest sound..."usk"... with a pursing of the lips to produce more of a "eewusk".

Three syllables. The a was always harder than softer.

Back