How many people do you know that can not spell?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people call Shindaiwa, shinnys, but who really cares what we call any of them as long as we understand what they are talking about. Even General Motors has heard people calling a Chevrolet a Chevy for so long, that they even call them Chevys. Calling a Husqvarna a Husky is perfectly accectable in my book.

Last edited:
People who concentrate on grammar are anal retentive aholes! :)

For what it's worth, the question mark should be within the closing parenthesis. Also, your last "sentence" is a fragment, having no verb. :)

For what it's worth, those are quotation marks, not parentheses. I was not quoting a question, I was asking one, thus the question mark goes outside the quotations, not inside.

The final statement was a exclamation, it was not meant to be a sentence.

Finally, I don't concentrate on grammar, but I sure know when someone's post is gibberish. There is a "literacy clause" written into a forum I stumbled across of late that, paraphrased, states "if you write like you're an idiot, people will assume you are an idiot. We don't want idiots here, so go away". I sort of like that approach. If a post takes more than two read-throughs, I tend to skip it altogether.

Last edited:
Seems just about every person that walks in the shop with a Husqvarna they always call them a Huskavanna or a Huskavarna. Happens all the time.

I call them a Husk varna using the American K verses the Swedish Q..hehe

Stihl, Steel, Steal or Still its still Stihl,LOL

WoW i thunk i waz out of scool a long time ago

Who cares were talking chainsaws.Everyone on the net with spellcheck becomes a english major.

People who concentrate on grammar are anal retentive aholes! :)

For what it's worth, the question mark should be within the closing parenthesis. Also, your last "sentence" is a fragment, having no verb. :)

There are no parentheses in the post you referred to.

People who call people anal retentive a$$holes and can't even grasp the fundamentals of the English language have no room to speak.

Back