how many saws do you have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

how many saws do you have

Votes: 6 2.4%

Votes: 14 5.6%

Votes: 21 8.5%

Votes: 19 7.7%

Votes: 31 12.5%

Votes: 22 8.9%

Votes: 19 7.7%

Votes: 10 4.0%

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • 10 plus

Votes: 100 40.3%

• Total voters
5 working on #6 keep fixing up dead ones bringing back to life ,stihls may be like rabbits the more i set together more they start multiplying

Only 4 at the moment all huskys a 385, 372, 350, and a 44 the 385 is back to running with the rest of the pack now thanks to the people on this site.:blob2:

Skewed Distribution

Danged interesting results. Statisticians call this a skewed distibution, perhaps caused by forum members that are skewed up when it comes to chainsaw ownership.
:jester:
:laugh:

Actually, I have seven saws, but only six are running. So, I responded six.

1 - a MS362. I cut about 2-3 cords per week and find that one saw with a few extra bars and chains is much easier for me to properly maintain. I come home from a day of sawing, take the bar off, hose her down with water then blow dry with compressed air, reattach the bar and chain, fire her up to get the extra moisture out / lube the chain, then touch up the chain for the next day. It is a pretty good system for me. I'd like to get a MS660 for the bigger stuff I cut, but I cringe at having to go thru my routine with two saws.

I have around 16 runners, just got a great deal on an 066 and looking for parts for an old "Sears" but cant find any part numbers on it. Any of you fellers with to many saws just PM me and Ill send ya my address!! Always glad to take in homeless saws and give them a warm place to stay...:laugh:

I went with 10+.

What I can recall without actually counting them...

Running: One Jonsered 670, one Jonsered CS2171, one Stihl MS361, one Stihl 025, one Stihl 011AVT, one Husqvarna 51.

Projects (not requiring too many parts): One Jonsered 630, one Jonsered 49SP, one Craftsman 4.5/Homelite 450, one Titan 40, one Stihl 015L.

Parts/Carcasses (many missing parts): One Distton DA211, one Jonsered 920, one Jonsered 2095, two Jonsered 49SP, one Jonsered 510E, three Stihl 011/009, and at least a few that I missed.

86 out of those 60 run the rest in stages to run, fix or parts. The number will vary from day to day. Some are sold and new ones are bought.

i got a poulan something little i haven't put in the sig yet, 08s runs like a champ, 026 is awesome, 362xp with the mods runs like a BEAST, and my lil 50 rancher is awaiting some parts off of ebay ....... or a p5000 top end if anybody is offering??

Back