How many Veteran's here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what I don't understand..............

is why are Govt treats vets like crap and rewards #######s that just jumped over the fence ILLEGALLY!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder this country is in trouble.

is why are Govt treats vets like crap and rewards #######s that just jumped over the fence ILLEGALLY!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder this country is in trouble.

Can't agree more with you. I did my duty, did it honorably and took care of my guys. I am cool knowing that I did what I had too. Maybe I don't agree with who got voted in, but I was a soldier who followed orders.

Jarhead. 5 years. Desert Storm. Thanks to all of you who served and protected my freedom.:cheers:

U.S Navy, Petty Officer First Class , Rating. Engineman. 10y 6m and counting. I gotta reup next year . Currently assigned to the Littoral Combat Ship program.
Thanks all the Soldiers and Marines for takin all the crap jobs though. Yall deserve it. A thank you that is. Not that you deserve all the crap jobs.

U.S Navy, Petty Officer First Class , Rating. Engineman. 10y 6m and counting. I gotta reup next year . Currently assigned to the Littoral Combat Ship program.
Thanks all the Soldiers and Marines for takin all the crap jobs though. Yall deserve it. A thank you that is. Not that you deserve all the crap jobs.

good save! My bro in law just retired a CAPT in the Navy, we talked often over the years, he always said the same thing, however! after listening to what he did for 30 years, stuck on boats and subs all the time, sleeping 2" from eachother, bumpin heads on the those small hatch doors(he has scars)I think we Marines and soldiers got the better end of the deal!

I was airborne ... when airborne wasn't cool.

Watchoo talkin' about??? Airborne has been cool since the day it was born! :laugh:

If you can find it, read a book called, "Currahee!". First hand story of a WWII paratrooper's experience from sign-up through Normandy and beyond. Really good.

Oh, and no tattoos... not even jump wings.

Good for you! :clap:

Well, there are veterans, and there are COMBAT veterans. I'm a veteran, but not a combat veteran. Served just after Viet Nam, and before any of the other parties. Infantry, 4 years.

:cheers:

Watchoo talkin' about??? Airborne has been cool since the day it was born! :laugh:

If you can find it, read a book called, "Currahee!". First hand story of a WWII paratrooper's experience from sign-up through Normandy and beyond. Really good.

Well, there are veterans, and there are COMBAT veterans. I'm a veteran, but not a combat veteran. Served just after Viet Nam, and before any of the other parties. Infantry, 4 years.

Yeah, there are military veterans, war veterans and combat veterans. I spent a year and a half in VNam 11th Marines....never shot anyone but was in what anyone would think was some pretty hairy situations. I wasn't in the rear. I asked to be sent to the front a number of times but my Top was my guardian angel I guess and said no.

There were some very serious racial battles no one talks about either. I could elaborate but wouldn't do anyone any good.

8 years total between Army and National Guard. No combat although came close a couple of times.

Thanks to all the war vets that let em know we won't take stuff lying down!

I still consider it a privilege to have worn the uniform, can't say I did much.

My favorite quote; "But sir we're surrounded! We are paratroopers we are SUPPOSED to be surrounded!"
- LtCol Richard Winters (Band of Brothers)

Army. Did all my time with the 101st. Had a hard time making the career decision, and ended up deciding to be a cop instead.

Army National Guard 734th Maintenance Battalion. Here in Iowa
mos-63H / 71L

Good experience and fun times, bad times during life. Wish I had a smarter head back then.

Canadian Forces 1977-2003, including 22 years in the Reg Force, six years of that Airborne. Have seen a few hot spots including Cyprus, former Yugoslavia (Slovenia and Croatia), Somalia and in retirement deployed twice to Afghanistan as a contractor to the military.

BlueRidgeMark,
That was my attempt at humor and I'll confess my sense of humor is about as wierd as my choice of climbing saws;)

Wasn't Band of Brothers based on "Currahee"? I saw that and enjoyed it... I've wondered a few times what would be worse... jumping into Normandy or winter in Bastogne... as bad as it sounds I'd have to opt for D-day. Oh, I would have enjoyed the series more if them boys were wearing the right patch (I'm kiddin' : 3 years 82nd / 5 years Special Forces / not tabbed out). No combat here neither but I'm convinced if you take point in my house when mama comes in pissed and our two year old twins are being, well, two year olds .. you might not have earned a patch for the right shoulder but you should atleast get hazardous duty pay.:dizzy:

Ok, we're going from Barbara Mandrell to Van Halen... 18 years old and 165lbs soaking wet , close to 150 lbs of gear and a c-130 doing around 150 mph equals instant rag doll.... hope you enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONKHj6vJ4fY

Three years active Army infantry..three years inactive reserve. Never "earned my keep" spent most of my time in Europe.
Very thankful of those who have served and are serving...you represent the best of America.

Army Signal Corps, Army Reserve, then National Guard, finished in 1995. Proud to have served but glad I didn't have to see "action".

Latest posts

Back