How much time on your Husky 346?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob066

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I was wandering how much time Husky 346 users have on their saws? I have about 90 Chords of firewood with mine. I also have quite afew hours on mine doing odds and end jobs. Such as opening road right of ways and working for an individual the owns a tree service. I have not had any problems with my saw. My saw is the 346 NE. Input from 346OE and 346 NE users welcome. Thanks ROB

I have 120 cords plus various rescue missions through mine... No problems, it's actually running better than before. I ported it, muffler modded it, and added my dawns to it myself. Favorite saw I have ever run, I run an 18" bar .058 .325, 21lpx Oregon chain.

Last edited:
346xp OE

Only saw I used for over 9 years, 15 cords a year +/-. Lot of logging and horse trail clearing, a few miles in fact. Pole barn building and storm clean up. Have no idea out many hours, but it's a bunch and the saw runs great!

I wanted a slightly larger saw, so got a good used 357. Nice saw, but still like the 346xp better. So much so, I bought a new one last Fall, just cause.

:cheers:

I have 120 cords plus various rescue missions through mine... No problems, it's actually running better than before. I ported it, muffler modded it, and added my dawns to it myself. Favorite saw I have ever run, I run an 18" bar .058 .325, 21lpx Oregon chain.

Same general set-up, but 16". :msp_smile:

I have used mine for logging, firewood, residential work and some storm and trial cleanup, it has been my go to saw since 2005 and also the favorite saw :)

what bar do you use?

I have the original bar that came with the saw. It has part #508-92-61-66. I think it is a narrow kerf bar but I have standard guage chain on it. It is ready for replacement though. The rails are worn some of the links dont set on the rails. I will replace it when the chain wears out. It still cuts straight.

I have the original bar that came with the saw. It has part #508-92-61-66. I think it is a narrow kerf bar but I have standard guage chain on it. It is ready for replacement though. The rails are worn some of the links dont set on the rails. I will replace it when the chain wears out. It still cuts straight.

Just wanted to know if it was the NK bar!

That is an NK bar.

They usually work OK with standard .050 chain, but not on all saws.

I think I have about prolly 10+ tanks thru mine. I dont get to use it near as much as I like. It's prolly the funnest saw for me to run. It has just so much power for its size and weight. Its is ported though. But still yet, to me its the quintessential firewood saw.

My preference of 16" is based on balance and handling - I prefere to use larger saws for longer bars! ;)

x2 the 357 is my main firewood saw, the 7900 is for playing and and the odd 20+ inch hard maple. I bought the 346NE for trail clearing and limbing and so far I love it, might buy another one just to have a spare. I also keep a 340 with the same 16" B&C for a backup/loaner and that way when I go in the bush I only need 3 extra chains.

x2 the 357 is my main firewood saw, the 7900 is for playing and and the odd 20+ inch hard maple. I bought the 346NE for trail clearing and limbing and so far I love it, might buy another one just to have a spare. I also keep a 340 with the same 16" B&C for a backup/loaner and that way when I go in the bush I only need 3 extra chains.

I really see what ya sayin as your 357XP is your main firewood saw. But for me, I cant see my 346 not being able to do just about anything I would want it to do. I'm serious. Its put a hurtin on my little bro's 361 Magnum. Beat it by a good 3 seconds. And, it was neck and neck with my friends Husqvarna 77. It's a wicked little machine. I love it.

I really see what ya sayin as your 357XP is your main firewood saw. But for me, I cant see my 346 not being able to do just about anything I would want it to do. I'm serious. Its put a hurtin on my little bro's 361 Magnum. Beat it by a good 3 seconds. And, it was neck and neck with my friends Husqvarna 77. It's a wicked little machine. I love it.

:msp_confused:What is a 361 Magnum?

I love my 346 too, it is a nasty little saw. But if it beat a 361 by 3 seconds it was in small wood or there is something wrong with that 361(tune, compression or chain).

I have no idea how many hours I have on mine, but I have used it for just about everything but milling and felling stuff beyond it's limit for the past 3+ years. No problems yet.

I love my 346 too, it is a nasty little saw. But if it beat a 361 by 3 seconds it was in small wood or there is something wrong with that 361(tune, compression or chain).

I have no idea how many hours I have on mine, but I have used it for just about everything but milling and felling stuff beyond it's limit for the past 3+ years. No problems yet.

There was nothin wrong. The 361 was stock. It did have a chipper chain though. We switched it to full chisel and it still got beat by the 346. I'll do another vid and show ya man.

Back