How old is this 066?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

like2surf

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just bought this saw on craigslist. It's never had fuel in it. It came with 2 new 32" bars, 2 stihl 32" chains, a new 25" bar, and a pair of new in still in the box stihl chaps. I think it's a flat top? Does anyone know about what year it was built?IMAG1131.jpgIMAG1131.jpg IMAG1131.jpg IMAG1127.jpgIMAG1129.jpg IMAG1130.jpg

China! I thought stihls were made in Germany. No wonder they vibrate and have crummy air filtration.="Guido Salvage, post: 4594191, member: 49315"]Shipping isn't that quick from China...[/quote]
Chinaa

Last edited:
Someone will be along that can run the serial number and tell you when it was sold.

97 or so will be close. Should be the better port timing cylinder on there.

There is a lot of variation between the different years of the 066. The last ones were not any different from the 660 except for the label.

This looks like one of the last ones before the round tops?

There is a lot of variation between the different years of the 066. The last ones were not any different from the 660 except for the label.

This looks like one of the last ones before the round tops?

I'm thinking they were a plastic tag 066 that would have been after this saw, then the bubble top. I may be wrong on that though....

Back