How small a bar can be run on a ms 661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it is screaming against rev limiter ( limited coil ) with .325, it's just fooling around. 325 chain seems to have limits to clear chips when really pushed by lowering depth gauges by heavy hand.
But dealers can offer for 441 models possibility for .325 chain in scandinavia, mainly because it is most common chain around here. So just by the cost of rim sprocket you can fool around a little bit...:oops:

RV

Put a 12" on it and go limbing
03a69f670c2bbcd3ae44f9da3752e64b.jpg

Yes it is screaming against rev limiter ( limited coil ) with .325, it's just fooling around. 325 chain seems to have limits to clear chips when really pushed by lowering depth gauges by heavy hand.
But dealers can offer for 441 models possibility for .325 chain in scandinavia, mainly because it is most common chain around here. So just by the cost of rim sprocket you can fool around a little bit...:oops:

RV
Yeh the tooth is just to small,even with a giant sprocket it can't move the wood.

This 3/8 setup is fast on the 661's I've tried it on 20170317_145314.jpg

That's a tight fit!!
When using that size sprocket do you use more tension on the chain to avoid chain throwing?

I believe that is 6K products- made sprocket ( previously danzco ) ? I do hope they ship outside US, because i don't need one but i sure want one!!!

RV

That's a tight fit!!
When using that size sprocket do you use more tension on the chain to avoid chain throwing?

I believe that is 6K products- made sprocket ( previously danzco ) ? I do hope they ship outside US, because i don't need one but i sure want one!!!

RV
I only run that 10pin with a roller nose bar or its impossible to keep from throwing the chain.
You have to clearance the clutch cover on a 661 to run it.

I knew it!!!!
Shopping list starts to get out of hand........ This is not good, does 9pin sprocket go to the same category with the 10pin? If it does, the only way to get a roller nose bar is to order it from US.

RV

I knew it!!!!
Shopping list starts to get out of hand........ This is not good, does 9pin sprocket go to the same category with the 10pin? If it does, the only way to get a roller nose bar is to order it from US.

RV
A 9pin throws chains to.

If your doing firewood I would recommend semi chisel vs chisel. If you sharpen your chain with a round file you don't have chisel. Chisel is square grind and takes a flat file to sharpen.
Not so,there is round ground chisel and square ground chisel

Latest posts

Back