How thick are your orange and white goggles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you?

• Total voters
Nope I couldnt do it, would never pay 500 for a 50cc saw. I do admit the stihls are slowly winning me over, but its the old ones that impress me.
The 261 sounds good but I wont own one till you can get a used one for 250.

Yup but that is the max I would pay. I could unload it easy if needed but I don't think it will come to that.:D Bring on the 261!!:clap:

If i was in the market for a new little saw than yes I would. I payed $420 for my MS260 PRO 7 years ago... So I guess my goggles are pretty thick.

If you walked into your local Stihl dealer tomorrow and there sat a MS261 for say $549, would you buy it? Are your creamsickle goggles thick enough to swallow that pill?

I will not even pay a $150.00 for blown up 361s so I sure will not pay $500.00+ for new a 261. The blown up 362s get sent back to Virginia so they can be hand rubbed by virgins some more.

Silly Stihl, Trix are for Husqvarna.

It still makes me chuckle that the spell check default for Husqvarna is Houseclean.:hmm3grin2orange:

I would probably buy it. I don't mind spending the extra $$ for a good solid saw that will last a long time.

Although I have to say, the new Husky 555 is starting to catch my eye and might appeal to me more since it sounds like it will be similarly priced to the 261 and have a little more power and be close in weight (although I suppose it's not technically a pro saw).

I'll go for it, at my age 50cc saws are what I should be running. Still love those 440's the best though.

I would even though I'm into orange saws. I've purchased many saws just to- see for myself-instead of reading all about the reviews. May or may not have a 5100 on the way for just that reason. O ya and I have never burnt up a saw so I figure it my best chance:dizzy:

I'd buy it. Heck any stihl of the same size as the husky is worth another 100 buck any day!:cheers:

let me ask ya this Brad,

Which 50cc saw would you own if a 346XP was $780 and an MS260 was $550?

thats the way it is in Canada

in other words.....

shut up cuz the USA has the cheapest new saws in the world! You guys get em for less even when our dollar is worth more. You get em for half the price than Australia. You get made in Germany saws for less than they are sold in Germany and you get made in Sweden saws for less than they sell for there too.

So zip it!

Back