How thick are your orange and white goggles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you?

• Total voters
Brad, are you bored? :greenchainsaw:

Nope I would not pay that. Not when I (and most of us here) can buy anything from an 026 to an 066 and rebuild it and know what we have in it for a lot less.

Hell, I have 500 in the 066 I built 2 months ago and the engine is NEW. I like the new saw feel as much as anyone, but 550 for a 50cc saw? Sorry man, cant do that, and I work for a Stihl dealer.

Bored, no. Just delirious:)

That's all you got? That's like when a little kid says, "I know you are but what am I" na na na na naaaaa na.

You better take them goggles off, I think they are blurring your vision.

Yeah, not going to box your jaws tonight.:chainsaw: Fixing to call it a night and dream of 261s.:dizzy:

in other words.....

shut up cuz the USA has the cheapest new saws in the world! You guys get em for less even when our dollar is worth more. You get em for half the price than Australia. You get made in Germany saws for less than they are sold in Germany and you get made in Sweden saws for less than they sell for there too.

So zip it!

:agree2:

You Americans are price spoiled and cannot complain about chainsaw cost. Just cross the puddle in either direction and you'll see what we have to pay for a chainsaw ! :mad:

Check the price in Euro for the 261 in Germany

http://www.stihl.de/produkt.aspx?idModel=1790&idMarketingGroup=1582

For this amount of money I can buy what saw in the US?... A brand new 880, or a 3120, or both of them...

I understand your perspective. But, all that matters is the value of the item compared to it's competitors in the same market. If I pay $600 for a MS261, but could have gotten one on the other side of town for $500, then it's not a good deal, even if they're $1000 in another country. With that said, it makes no sense to me that they cost so much more in so many places. I feel for you guys:(

I understand your perspective. But, all that matters is the value of the item compared to it's competitors in the same market. If I pay $600 for a MS261, but could have gotten one on the other side of town for $500, then it's not a good deal, even if they're $1000 in another country. With that said, it makes no sense to me that they cost so much more in so many places. I feel for you guys:(

Brad,

I agree with you and of course prices are a relative issue for the local where you're buying goods.

In your specific case, and since you're a saw expert and since you have a small business porting saws and most important since you cannot contain yourself and you're eating your self from the inside of curiosity to try and make some videos of the brand new 261, I'd say buy one, gut it, port it and sell it ported if you're not happy. Of course we will only believe you if you make a photographic and video documentary of all the previous steps and show us, you know the usual stuff, cookies before porting, cookies after porting, pictures of the saw inner guts, measurements, pictures of the porting procedures and videos.

PS: next time I will be in the USA, I will bring back home with me 20 kg of chainsaw!

Last edited:
That's all you got? That's like when a little kid says, "I know you are but what am I" na na na na naaaaa na.

You better take them goggles off, I think they are blurring your vision.

attachment.php
:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I'd imagine all the husky heads casted their vote, just to add to the hate. It is cut, dry and simple. You got to pay to play. :

I voted yes, If I had the extra cash. What can I say I like new saws. I may even end up selling my 362 if I like Brad's;) 261 enough. If it's better and stronger than the 346 I'd sell it as well.

You see 2000 it's not that hard, I could care less what color or what names written on the side of a saw. I've already started a 12 step program, Nik and Brad are doing well.:hmm3grin2orange::poke:

My stable holds 36cc, 76.5cc, and 91.6cc... Do I really need a 50cc saw???
I voted no.

Latest posts

Back