How thick are your orange and white goggles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you?

• Total voters
No, but you do need a 100cc+ chainsaw.

I agree!!! If I have read correctly, the BB kit brings it to like 99cc.. I may look to that option to get me closer (until a good opportunity presents itself):)

If MS261 is a chick saw then I use a kids saw most of the time, MS180

I sure don't feel less of a man for using the 180.

But I have a few man saws 041, 056, 064, 660, 076, 880 and 090 in the shed :)

TT

Last edited:
I want to run one...
Still voted no. Too many other options at less money now. When the EPA has exterminated the other options, then I would look for one. Used. But by then we'll be hearing how some other saw is soooo much better, even if its not.

I want to run one...
Still voted no. Too many other options at less money now. When the EPA has exterminated the other options, then I would look for one. Used. But by then we'll be hearing how some other saw is soooo much better, even if its not.

What he said. :clap: :clap:

I do want to try one and might change my mind after. But I sure don't want to be the first to get one. Two other saws I'd like to get first :)

in other words.....

shut up cuz the USA has the cheapest new saws in the world! You guys get em for less even when our dollar is worth more. You get em for half the price than Australia. You get made in Germany saws for less than they are sold in Germany and you get made in Sweden saws for less than they sell for there too.

So zip it!

Yeah that sucks ,,, US vs Sweden ,,,, Sweden = triple the price ,,

Personally I held back on voting simply for the fact that virtually nobody has even blipped the throttle on this saw yet. I think it's a bit premature to either praise it or bash it right now. We just don't know. Knowing Stihl's reputation of building quality chainsaws I'm sure it will be a fine product. But to decide one way or the other based on what a stat sheet says is simply too soon.
Myself, I do not buy a new product when it first comes out on the market. I'd rather let the bugs be worked out first. I like to get the most "bang for my buck".;)

Personally I held back on voting simply for the fact that virtually nobody has even blipped the throttle on this saw yet. I think it's a bit premature to either praise it or bash it right now. We just don't know. Knowing Stihl's reputation of building quality chainsaws I'm sure it will be a fine product. But to decide one way or the other based on what a stat sheet says is simply too soon.
Myself, I do not buy a new product when it first comes out on the market. I'd rather let the bugs be worked out first. I like to get the most "bang for my buck".;)

If your goggles were thick enough, you'd buy it sight unseen:rockn:

Stihl must really want to keep the 261 in the shops for awhile. I will stay with ole trusty 12 pack of 026 260 that don't get used anymore anyways. :D Retirement is a wonderful thing. :clap::cheers::clap:

Not to many years ago saws in Canada were much cheaper than the U.S. or anywhere else. You could save anywhere from 100- 500$ depending upon the saw and the U.S. exchange rate.
Then, due to the advent of the computer, both Stihl and Husky Canadian dealers and non dealers started selling under the table on the internet, which pissed off both manufacturers.
Since the U.S. probably sells 10X the saws that Canada does, I think Stihl and Husky got together and raised their prices to where they were the cheapest in the country that sold the most saws.
John

Last edited:
1079305105_3oKYt-M.jpg

Latest posts

Back