How thick are your orange and white goggles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you?

• Total voters
1079341193_wgsVu-M.jpg

Well, for anyone that that this might be a Stihl bashing thread, think again:) I made my vote, and I voted with my wallet. This was just a little tongue in cheek taunting knowing I would be getting one shortly. Just having a little AS fun:cheers:

If I bought one knowing I could sell it in Australia after using it and STILL make money if I sold it have I got big thick Stihl goggles on?

Me thinks not. I could land a 261 here for AUD$650. That may sound high to you guys in the states but that's an absolute bargain here. I can guarantee they'll well and truly crack the AUD$1000 barrier when they hit the Australian market (by the way, the US dollar and Australian dollar are going basically 1:1 at the moment!) :D

Brad, get me a pallet of 'em ;)

If I bought one knowing I could sell it in Australia after using it and STILL make money if I sold it have I got big thick Stihl goggles on?

Me thinks not. I could land a 261 here for AUD$650. That may sound high to you guys in the states but that's an absolute bargain here. I can guarantee they'll well and truly crack the AUD$1000 barrier when they hit the Australian market (by the way, the US dollar and Australian dollar are going basically 1:1 at the moment!) :D

Brad, get me a pallet of 'em ;)

Matt, unloading them would be like taking candy from a baby!

Well, for anyone that that this might be a Stihl bashing thread, think again:) I made my vote, and I voted with my wallet. This was just a little tongue in cheek taunting knowing I would be getting one shortly. Just having a little AS fun:cheers:

Well ya got me. I didn't see any good coming from this thread. On the flip side, it did, a new 261.:bowdown:

Well ya got me. I didn't see any good coming from this thread. On the flip side, it did, a new 261.:bowdown:

I think some of you guys have a hard time believing I really am a Stihl head. I do love my Stihls. That's why I call them out so hard when they disappoint me. Well, that may not be the only reason, lol. I do enjoy seeing some of you get worked up:hmm3grin2orange: I can tell you this, I'll be doing my dead level best to see this saw out do the 346. That's a mighty tall order. I absolutely love that saw and have tricked it out about as much as I know how. I'm certainly going to have fun trying.

I voted "no" because there wasn't a "#### no" option.....:hmm3grin2orange:

Now, keep in mind that I wouldn't pay that for any sub-70cc saw....

Last edited:
I voted no, only because if I walked into my dealer with cash, I would not buy it.

But if I was in the market for a 50cc saw I probably would.

$549 is only $30 more than the current list price on the MS260??? I dont see what the big deal is :dunno:

Thats what I was thinking. Around here a 346 is $500, a 260 is $520. So for a 261 $550 does not seem that far off at all.

I'm definately anxious to, but I've got to get some baseline cuts with it first. Only problem is gettin enough consistent wood for the testing. I wish I had a local source for cants. I'd order a couple 12"ers.

I'm sure you can find a few guys in your area who have some nice logs to play around with.

I read this post for the first time last night and when I started I said to myself "that SOB will have one of those before this is over"

I was right:)

Latest posts

Back