How to Break in Brand New 056 MAG II

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that is the exhaust port. There is also a port in the front..
Trust me the saw will get used ,,but it won't be rolling around the back of my truck. My 460 and 56 super will see most of my cutting duties.
I'm also going to go get a new 660 here shortly..
CAD
saw050.jpg

Nice looking saw.
I'd say if you can afford to buy it, run it like you stole it.

Just came home, using saws allday, starting up the computer, and then a 056magII:bowdown:

Niece piece you got overthere, a dream for me, Lake's 056 is also a beauty. Thanks for sharing the pics guys!

Lex

I need a spit cup because Im drooling way too much. Lets here what it sounds like---I never ran or even heard an 056 run before. That is one heck of a great find------gotta quit typing so I can get back to those pictures:laugh:

I would run the hell out of it and then run it some more. You only live once. Why save it for your kids or grandkids to make a profit on it.

I have a SP125C that hadn't seen but maybe 5 trees before I got it last year. I still has over 180 psi of compression and runs excellent. I run it every chance I get. I hate to see a good saw go to waste.

Last edited:
By now, I really should know better than click on these types of threads. Every time I do, I'm filled with an overwhelming feeling of jealousy. NICE SAW!

:cheers:

well i wanted to run the new magII today but no chance. I had some stump grinding to do and used the 460 to flush cut eveything.Ended up grinding 11
25" stumps with the portable and then had to clean up a big elm that a crappy tree service grinded 2" below the ground.. idiots
I'm beat up,,Hit the ginn mill on the way home..not messing with the new saw now
I will try to post a video..
:cheers:

I have a friend who shot alot. At first I though it was a crime every time he went to the range with an un-fired pre series 70 gold cup or something similar. Then I shot some of them with him. He died of cancer over a year ago. Whoever ends up with those guns will probably complain. Whatever.... He kept his things nice, and enjoyed them to the fullest. I got to shoot some VERY fine firearms that I'd never have a chance to shoot otherwise. That saw is a $1000 doorstop if you can't run it when you want. I'd be very careful with it, but I'd run it just the same.

That said, IF I ever restore my MAG, I'll probably park it for the most part.....

hmph...

that saw there is the one of mabe 3 saws that if i saw you in the woods with it... you would be leaving the woods without it..

nice nice nice NICE saw!!

and run some damn pump gas in that thing, you are just robbing performance with HT

And that makes your saw mad:mad:

They don't find the bodies when you cover them up with rocks... How many you figger are in stone walls eh? OMG thats a nice friggin saw. Shelf it! Let it sit after a few uses. I'd fight tooth and nail for that damn saw. Don't be coming to the daks, you'll be leaving 25#'s lighter, lmao...

:bowdown::biggrinbounce2:

Oh yea, I run a 30" on mine and only pull it out for trees bigger than 30"...

Last edited:
just dont understand this, if it were mine, I'd run the pi$$ outta it!

Kinda reminds me of my neighbor wanting to borrow my new pickup to haul off a bunch of brick bats and other junk. I told him i didn't want my bed scarred up just yet. He said "by god, if I had a pickup truck I'd haul whatever I wanted to in it". Yep.

It's Greg's saw. He can figure out what he wants to do with it.:)

Latest posts

Back