hows work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of of work and lots of snow, Last few days we have just been doing some crane work but I think we are going to start (CARFULLY) plowing some paths through yards so we can access some back / side yard removals next week.

I've got a couple days pruning and cabling some crap trees per homeowner request. I was thinking about plowing my way in with the tractor but if this snow melts a little with this rain I might just try 6 wheeling in with the bucket - just dont want to get stuck on someones lawn in the center of town for all to see. Did I mention that I hate winter? and pruning.

I've got a couple days pruning and cabling some crap trees per homeowner request. I was thinking about plowing my way in with the tractor but if this snow melts a little with this rain I might just try 6 wheeling in with the bucket - just dont want to get stuck on someones lawn in the center of town for all to see. Did I mention that I hate winter? and pruning.

Yeah, Im not a big fan of prunning in the snow and cold either. As long as the ground is frozen you can usually plow some paths with out hurting the lawn. Right now we are just concentrating on removals and dangerous hangers, the prunning can wait..

I think I got burned out on pruning working for other people. One of my old bosses used to call me a "pruning machine", which was a nice compliment but ever sinse those days I just drifted away from it unless someone asks for it.

Self imployment makes me lazy with things I dont want to do. Its a constant battle really. I was at my best when other people were calling the shots as far as climbing goes.

did a bit of contract climbing last week, but really have worked a total of 10 days this month. ouch. we are under a record snow for this area (nothing compared to some of y'all), and we don't have enough plows here to deal with it or sand/gravel. plus we don't salt the roads. luckily my gf is taking good care of me. lots of cooking and cleaning.

Latest posts

Back