Hung up tree (update)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterc38

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Here is the follow up to the hung up tree I posted about earlier.
Details of that thread are here: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=142611

Thanks to everyone that gave suggestions. many of them were good, some possibly not so good, in the end, this is what I did.

So I went and rented a pole saw. Actually not a true pole saw, but one of them Kombi deals with a pole saw attachment. It felt kinda underpowered, but it got the job done.

First thing I did was clear the undergrowth in my work area, then I trimmed off some small branches hanging in the way.

Then I cut off just past the hang up and the other left fork of tree that was not hung up.

IMG_0938.jpg

Then I attached a chain near base of tree and pulled with my truck. At first it wouldn't come free. I had to make another cut through the trunk closer to the base of the tree, then I reattached chain and pulled again, this time it came down.

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

And last but not least, here are some pictures of the booty! :greenchainsaw:

IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

I also get this pile from a previous takedown.

IMG_0943.jpg

It's all red oak, I think I will get a couple cords once I split it all. :clap:

Good for you, I was wondering how you made out. Glad you didn't take any chances.

Nice pile of wood, I'm jealous.

:clap::clap::clap:

Nice booty pic !

In spots where you can't get your truck, I find a decent come-along works pretty well for pulling down hangers.

How come you didn't hire a tree service to get her on the ground as suggested? ;)

I was wondering how this ended up. Good deal. Most of the time if a guy thinks about it, he can figure out a safe way to get the job done, even if it means bringing in outside help where necessary.

Good job:clap::clap:

Peter, situations like this just might be the excuse you've been looking for to put that 10,000lb winch on your pickup. :greenchainsaw:

Looks like you went about it the right way for what you had to work with. Always pays to play safe. Another nice score to talk about..

Nice Pics..

Back