Husky 334t is this a real husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckinnc

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am still looking for a small saw to haul on my atv, I have found a used Husky 334t in a local classified ad. Before I go to look at It I need to know the value of a average fair to good condition saw. Also I have looked at new small huskys and they look to much like my poulan for my taste, so I need to know if this is one of the better older "real" Husky.

I am still looking for a small saw to haul on my atv, I have found a used Husky 334t in a local classified ad. Before I go to look at It I need to know the value of a average fair to good condition saw. Also I have looked at new small huskys and they look to much like my poulan for my taste, so I need to know if this is one of the better older "real" Husky.

It's a real Husky. The one's that look similar to a Poulan are the 235/240 saws. The 435 would be far better suited for your ATV if you're looking at a rear handle saw. Anyway, the 334T is a Husky saw.

It is a real Swedish made Husky, and used to be a cheaper alternative to the 338xpt. The model was not popular I believe, and has been replaced by the Redmax made T435.

Only the two very cheapest Huskys (235 and 240 by now) are put together by Poulan - but they aren't rebadged Poulans.

The big question is if you really want a top-handle saw for what you plan to do...........

Good saw

I have a Jonsered 2135t that is the same saw just in different colors. There verry good saws. It is a top handle saw if you did not know that. The 334t was the first saw to come out on that line, few problems with them from what i heard but nothing major especally if your not looking to make a living with it. Do a search for it on here and you will get more info than you can handle.

I have a Jonsered 2135t that is the same saw just in different colors. There verry good saws. It is a top handle saw if you did not know that. The 334t was the first saw to come out on that line, few problems with them from what i heard but nothing major especally if your not looking to make a living with it. Do a search for it on here and you will get more info than you can handle.

Sorry, you got the story a bit mixed up, I believe it was like this;

- the first one was the 335xpt, that was replaced by the 338xpt, and the 334t as a cheaper altenative.

- the 2135t was an improved design, that was a "test-bed" for the improved NE338xpt and the 2139t. The last 2135s actually had the 39cc engine.

- the 334t didn't recieve the upgrades, but was discontinued - later to be replaced by the T435 (a totally different design).

You are right about the issues with the pre-2135 versions.

Last edited:
I just picked up a 335XPT,same as the 334T.I'm using it for ATV trail maintainence.It's a good running saw and easy to carry on the ATV,but it has to be the most uncomfortable saw I've ever used.Maybe it's just me,but I can't get used to this top handle thing.Fortunately,I don't use it alot,and when I do it's just for a short time.

To answer your question,I got mine for free(it wouldn't run)but around here they run about $500.00 new,So if your looking at something used,I would guess it's worth $250.00 or less.

Last edited:
I just picked up a 335XPT, but it has to be the most uncomfortable saw I've ever used.Maybe it's just me,but I can't get used to this top handle thing. Fortunately,I don't use it a lot,and when I do it's just for a short time.
Just takes a while to get used to them...they do have a different "feel" to get used to.
Once you have used it a bit...it will become more "familiar" and show you it's advantages...
Light weight - easily packed - and of course one-handed use - Be Careful On This..!!!!
:cheers:
J2F

I have a 334T and i absolutely love it. i run a 14'' b/c and muff modded it and it is a cutting little mofo. i am not blowing smoke it really cuts great. i haul mine it in my rhino and in my jeep for clearing trails and it works great. the recoil on mine is a pos but i couldnt be happier with the rest of the saw. i have been having thoughts about buying a ms200t and selling my 334T but its not worth what i would want for it (300$) but its easily worth that to me to keep it.......

Yep, I sold a nice 335xpt for $225 it only took a few hours for it to go and he didn't even try to bargain with me. I kinda get the feeling I let it go too cheap....
So I'd say the regular 334t should go for about what I got for my 335xpt.:bang:

I haven't tried running it one-handed....I'm left-handed to begin with so it's really awkward.

I haven't tried running it one-handed....I'm left-handed to begin with so it's really awkward.
Some things are just really strange...I guess...
I let a friend (left handed) use my 192T and he was "all thumbs" with it.
Same dude can't shoot a semi-auto pistol worth a damn...Glock/Colt/Sig...no matter
However he is sharp as a tack with any revolver...:msp_confused:...I dunno...just strange...!!!
:cheers:
J2F

It is a "real" husky saw, for what it's worth. Not bad little runners. For a top handled saw, they don't run with the 338's and don't have a prayer against a 200T, but good little saws.

The husqpoulan 235, 240, and maybe one other are the ones I know to watch out for that will interchange with poulans. Also the Jonsered 2050 turbo is a junker as well.

Back