Husky 339

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used them before. They make decent power. They are nice and light. Air filteration isn't so great. Muffler mods help a lot.

I have a 336. Pretty much the same saw as the 339. I have been impressed with the power it has. I really like it.

I've used them before. They make decent power. They are nice and light. Air filteration isn't so great. Muffler mods help a lot.

M+R ; how do u like the 543 ? From what I understand it is a modernization of the 242 . Something I dont think they needed to do as the 242 was AWESOME ! . But besides that , how do u like it ?

The 339 is an extremely well handling saw, but it doesn't really deserve the xp designation, as it basically is a clamshell. A large part of the case still is magnesium though (the clamshell is part of a large sturdy piece of magnesium, that the rest of the saw is built on).
It is important to get a NE one, made after some time in 2006 - but carb trouble still happens, as on all really small saws.

Air filter system isn't great, and have to be cleaned more often than on larger Husky saws.

M+R ; how do u like the 543 ? From what I understand it is a modernization of the 242 . Something I dont think they needed to do as the 242 was AWESOME ! . But besides that , how do u like it ?
It's OK. Still running on a tree crew. Just hard to look past the $425.00 dollars.

The 543 is a bit lighter than the 242, but power and rpm specs are lower.

Get yourself a Stihl 020 (not the older "AV" designation) or MS200... There is no better saws in that class yet (except for the MS201 some people say)...

I had a 333 Lite and still have a 335T (which I never use because it is too heavy).

This one I use all the time:

Latest posts

Back