Husky 365 special real or china ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These junk knockoffs aren't going away anytime soon. The Chinese are better at copying than they are at creating.

From what I understand, China is a signatory to anti-piracy and trademark protocols. But in a Communist country, said protocols are just a formality. China is still run by a central guv'mint that has little true control over what a billion people in its factories are doing.

That's an area that's left to corrupt local officials, most of whom are paid pennies and supplement their incomes with kickbacks from manufacturers of illegal goods. Over the past decade these "underground" factories have sprung up like weeds throughout the country. No one is monitoring them all.

I was reading an article not long ago about Chinee knockoffs. The way they get to North America is a fascinating tale of convoluted logistics. The containers go through several ports around the world and can be relabeled, shipping manifests altered, you got it if the price is right.

That knockoff saw could've arrived in a container labeled as kitchen chairs.

We haven't seen the last of it, my friends. Buy from a reputable dealer or don't buy at all. :)

How to determine fake Husqvarna Chainsaws!

Genuine (Serial Numbers)
07 XXXXXXX 07 XX XXXXX
Yr Built Wk Built Unit # Built that week
2011 XXXXXXX 2011 XX XXXXX

Fake (Serial Number)
2007 3801263 I have never seen a four digit number, in the units built that week. I am sure spike60 will agree to this also. So my advice is to ask seller for Serial Number, if it has four numbers in last four digits it is 99.9% fake.

I can only vouch for Husqvarna Units, I know nothing about Stihl Serial Numbers, or even how to decipher them.

These junk knockoffs aren't going away anytime soon. The Chinese are better at copying than they are at creating.

From what I understand, China is a signatory to anti-piracy and trademark protocols. But in a Communist country, said protocols are just a formality. China is still run by a central guv'mint that has little true control over what a billion people in its factories are doing.

That's an area that's left to corrupt local officials, most of whom are paid pennies and supplement their incomes with kickbacks from manufacturers of illegal goods. Over the past decade these "underground" factories have sprung up like weeds throughout the country. No one is monitoring them all.

I was reading an article not long ago about Chinee knockoffs. The way they get to North America is a fascinating tale of convoluted logistics. The containers go through several ports around the world and can be relabeled, shipping manifests altered, you got it if the price is right.

That knockoff saw could've arrived in a container labeled as kitchen chairs.

We haven't seen the last of it, my friends. Buy from a reputable dealer or don't buy at all. :)

I am going to spend some time this afternoon and see if I cant dig up an article that I read about these Chinese knock offs myself. I read it a year ago, and kept a copied and pasted version in a document folder.It was fascinating how they work things over there.

In short, most of the manufacturing is done in plain sight, making the parts that is. In the case of chainsaws, the engine parts are made right along with legitimate parts, and shoved to the side in a warehouse. After they accumulate enough for a production run, they ship these parts to their "assembly plants". These plants are generally unused warehouses or even homes are used, and the local authorities are paid off to look the other way. With a minutes notice these "plants" can be shut down and moved at a minutes notice, and often completed equipment is in plain sight until its time for the badging. Stickers are stuck on them making them the knock off they are, and are boxed and shipped to another location were they are often stuck into shipping containers marked as something else.Kick backs, pay offs, etc are the norm, and the goods make their way out of the country without any problem what so ever.

There have also been a few shops shut down here in the states for rebadging items once they get here, but from what I understand most of that has been aimed at the womens apparel market. Goods are shipped here with easy to remove labels, and relabeled as expensive goods and sold off.

Cant say I approve of the knock off trade in any way, but them guys sure know how to make a buck.If they spent as much time making good products as they do copying others, they could probably take over the entire world market on just about anything they wanted to.

A few reasons they DO make so much profit- no R&D, No Publicity and Advertising, no Warranty Dept.- along with the already accepted cheap labor.

They do not need to reinvent the wheel, only make a good copy of it.

As far as a long service life product???- that is not an issue. First, they have no warranty or liability for failure. Second, it dies and you need to buy another one....

My wife is a Filipina, and there, anything of poor quality is called "China". The stuff shipped there is even worse than what gets shipped here.

Bill

How to determine fake Husqvarna Chainsaws!

Genuine (Serial Numbers)
07 XXXXXXX 07 XX XXXXX
2011 XXXXXXX 2011 XX XXXXX

Fake (Serial Number)
2007 3801263 I have never seen a four digit number, in the units built that week. I am sure spike60 will agree to this also. So my advice is to ask seller for Serial Number, if it has four numbers in last four digits it is 99.9% fake.

I can only vouch for Husqvarna Units, I know nothing about Stihl Serial Numbers, or even how to decipher them.

Hmmmm......

I read that number as year 2007, week 38, unit 01263 - that is five "unit" digits, just like real Husky numbers have been after early 1999.

And you deserved every bit of it "mate", because you're playing both sides of the fence here, and it's BS. You're trying to hand us this nonsense about the "good" chinese knockoffs, (yours), and the "bad" knockoffs, (everybody elses). Who do you think your kidding with this crap? It's a fine line, and somewhat silly for you to make such a big deal about which decals end up on the saws, as though there is an acceptable level of deceit; as if only a half hearted attempt to mislead the buyer is OK. You have a "MAJOR" problem with these saws if the level of misrepresentation exceeds a lower level of same that you are comfortable with. Yeah, right. You're part of the problem dude. :rock:

"Mate"? Really? Using that word like you did revealed more about you than anything else you narrow minded twit, or is that "dude"?

Hmmmm......

I read that number as year 2007, week 38, unit 01263 - that is five "unit" digits, just like real Husky numbers have been after early 1999.

That is correct, the 01263 is what I was refering to, that would be the 1,263 unit built that week, and I have never yet to see that high of a number of units built in 1 week. I have seen as high as 400 units in 1 week, but never a 1,000. Hope that clears up any confusion.

And you deserved every bit of it "mate", because you're playing both sides of the fence here, and it's BS. You're trying to hand us this nonsense about the "good" chinese knockoffs, (yours), and the "bad" knockoffs, (everybody elses). Who do you think your kidding with this crap? It's a fine line, and somewhat silly for you to make such a big deal about which decals end up on the saws, as though there is an acceptable level of deceit; as if only a half hearted attempt to mislead the buyer is OK. You have a "MAJOR" problem with these saws if the level of misrepresentation exceeds a lower level of same that you are comfortable with. Yeah, right. You're part of the problem dude. :rock:

Blah blah blah. If you'd have actually taken proper note of what I've been saying I have said they are good ones but have always said there numerous crap versions too. This in itself says to stay away from them - there are far more crap ones than good ones and even the GOOD ones are not that way from the box without changes. Maybe PM the two Aussie AS members who now have those saws and ask them what they think of the quality. You may get a surprise. Funny thing is you've gone out of your way to have a crack at me when you've said jack sh*t about the saw this thread was started about. As mentioned I don't even know where the ones I had came from so I can't even put AS members onto one (and wouldn't/haven't). If I'd have grabbed a Chinese knock off 365 and said it was crap you'd have jumped for joy. When I told the truth and said they were actually quite good (with a few changes to carbies etc) everybody had their buttholes pucker and started carrying on like a rabid mob. The fact they were good may have been a bit too close to the bone for some. "What" I hear you say, "The Chinese CAN actually make something good?". Well surprise surprise, yes they can. Illegal or not.
There IS a different level of deceipt between a saw labelled and sold as a Husky and one with no such intention - it doesn't take a brain surgeon to work that out. Copying is one thing, deceiving or misleading is another set of laws entirely. Next time try to respond with your head and not your heart. What makes my purchases any different than rebuilding an entire 365/372 knock off from aftermarket parts purchased from Baileys? So copying a tank and handle assembly, crank, starter cover, clutch cover, P&C etc etc is somehow different? I think not.
I've had more input on these "knock off" threads on how to spot a fake than you ever have. Not once have I pushed fakes despite the saws I had being very good.
Actually if I'm not mistaken I have a 390XP that CAME FROM YOU. Gee, fancy that.

I go out of my way to purchase food products from only reputable countries (US, New Zealand, Australia, England etc) who have similiar food laws to ours. I buy Australian made when I can. If I told you that I was buying Chinese foodstuffs you wouldn't give a toss. The second saws are involved and it "may" effect your business you jump in.

I'd bet my left nut that even Husky have purchased a heap of these knock offs. Maybe they are also part of the problem? Considering there is only a handful of AS members with knock off saws I'd think the problem is a lot greater and wider reaching than just me. Don't you think?

Also on a side note, the AS guys from the states who PM'd me about these saws changed their mind because for the price I paid it was far better to buy original and not much dearer considering the freight component. There you go Spike, you should be able to sleep better now.

Last edited:
As for knock off parts, I am seeing several 372 saws on eBay that say rebuilt, new crank, new cylinder and piston etc.

They do not say OEM parts, so I stay away. About the only part that I would know how to identify would be the cylinder knowing OEM should say MAHLE.

This has been going on for a while, and now I buy my saws from a dealer, or someone on AS that I know.

I don't see how any good can come out of all the Chinese illegial copies and we are seeing some of the results right here in this thread.

I've got one of Matt's Chinese knock off 365s with a BB kit (77cc). The problem was not with the carb, it was the tank vent. It appears to be marginal with the BB and the tank is full. I'm probably going to get one of the vented green gas caps to give me a safety margin.

I've ported the BB and put the Ancaba carb (C3M) back on. The Walbro knock off tended to go lean as the revs dropped. The Ancaba carb is very nicely machined inside, there are three seperate low speed circuits and a built up area adjacent to the discharge nozzle. The built up area next to the discharge nozzle keeps the nozzle from extending too far into the venturi - a longer discharge nozzle tends to lean the mixture as the velocity drops.

I was a bit disappointed with the power when I got the saw - the BB jug needed some serious port work to open up the transfers. After porting the BB and re-installing the Ancaba carb the thing is a work horse for bucking up tough Aussie hardwood.

It is not labeled a 'Husqvarna' it is labeled a 'HH-365 Gasoline Chainsaw', there's no intention to pass it off as a Husky.

A lot of stuff comes out of China nowadays. The Husqvarna chains are re-badged Oregon, which are built in the same factory in China as the Carlton and Tiger chains.

The re-assembled parts in backyard factories has been alluded to. Some of the cheap Chinese chains that are available are poorly assembled from parts by little ol' ladies spinning the chains together between Majong games. However, the bigger factories can exercise quality control. The bottom line is to exercise discretion when purchasing a Chinese product.

There are poorly made products around the world and one shouldn't try to villify a countrie's products based upon patriotism - I would bet on a Chinese SU-27 in air combat over an American made F22 or F35.

As for knock off parts, I am seeing several 372 saws on eBay that say rebuilt, new crank, new cylinder and piston etc.

They do not say OEM parts, so I stay away. About the only part that I would know how to identify would be the cylinder knowing OEM should say MAHLE.
This has been going on for a while, and now I buy my saws from a dealer, or someone on AS that I know.

I don't see how any good can come out of all the Chinese illegial copies and we are seeing some of the results right here in this thread.

Don't be so sure, The knockoff cyl says mahle on it.

For a Stihl and Husky made in China by EMAS list.

http
://chinaemas
.en.
made-in-china.
com/product-group/kqvEnwaKHThu/Chainsaw-catalog-1.
html

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this Applehead as I had no ideas that the chicoms were making fake chainsaws. Let the buyer beware. I will. Now this question is do you sell it, or mod the heck out of it and run it hard and see what it will take? It might take alot of hard work, if it dies, cut your loses and move on to another saw.

Now that is good to know. If they will use Husqvarna's name on a knock off, I should have realized that they would also fake the MAHLE cylinder also.

The 65cc cyl that came off the one I have here says it was made in Italy. As much as others have questioned this and no one can say for sure, I haven't seen a cyl nicer. I can provide pics if anyone is interested.

Now this question is do you sell it, or mod the heck out of it and run it hard and see what it will take? It might take alot of hard work, if it dies, cut your loses and move on to another saw.

If that was the case, rebuild it with OEM parts new and/or second hand. To operate this one, you wouldn't know the difference.
This one has been running well for some time.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TG_BSvTwRSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nxi4R8L_h7E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I had my suspicions about this saw (OP) when it was advertised in the AS classifieds and asked for the serial number to no avail...

Well I see there's been a few overnight reactions from down under. The "mate" comment reffered to the fact that you guys can apparently bring in as much of this stuff as you want and it's legal down there. But I can see how that would easily be taken the wrong way. I should have been more clear with that.

But I'll stand by my original statement that drawing a line between the good and bad knockoffs is pretty lame, and I'm not buying it. It's all part of the same problem and you're either supporting it or your not. You can't have it both ways.

And I slept great last night. ;)

Last edited:
Those chainsaws can come out of China for less than $170 usd including shipping

Well I see there's been a few overnight reactions from down under. The "mate" comment reffered to the fact that you guys can apparently bring in as much of this stuff as you want and it's legal down there. But I can see how that would easily be taken the wrong way. I should have been more clear with that.

But I'll stand by my original statement that drawing a line between the good and bad knockoffs is pretty lame, and I'm not buying it. It's all part of the same problem and you're either supporting it or your not. You can't have it both ways.

And I slept great last night. ;)

You slept well due to your arrogance yet now make excuses and change the story as you wish. There were two elements to your post and your opinion on Chinese saws was all that was needed.

You don't buy it? And the world stood still!

Maybe you would like to make a public statement to Bailey's about their knockoff stock and advertising to the same level, arrogance and sarcasm as your previous post.

Your pathetic.

Back