Husky 55 Rancher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EF9

Reaction score
I have a Husky 55 Rancher, 8 years old, used very little pulled it out of storage on the second pull rope stuck, pulled it apart to find the pawls were bent over and pulley worn. I installed a new pulley and pawls, and looking through the vents in the cover the pawls only contact the pulley about an 1/8 of an inch or so. Took the saw to the dealer/shop where I bought it, he had no answers. I'm thinking the pawls should have more contact with the pulley, or the same thing will happen down the road, bent pawls, worn pulley. Has any one came across this problem? Thanks in advance...

Check if you have a 3 number stamped on your pawls.If not,you need parts # 5031 702 03,they dont have the same bend as older ones.And check also if your starter cover is not cracked .

Thanks for the reply, There are no numbers stamped on the pawls, the cover isn't cracked and was never loose. I was thinking if the pawls were about 1/4" longer/higher they would have more bight into the pulley...?

Latest posts

Back