husky 570,565 or stihl 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes i meant 365 not 565. I could also get the 362 husky for $600. The huskies include 3 chains and free shipping the Stihl saw has to be picked up from dealer and no extra chains. If money was no object I would buy the ms441 or ms440 but I do have a budget and I am looking to get the best deal I can on a NEW saw.

If weight matters to you, get the MS361.

It has very close to the Huskys power, and weights a lot less.;)

Bying from a local dealer is best, in case you need service at some point.

My vote goes for a Stihl 361!

Im not a big Stihl guy, I like at least think I run the best saw in the class... for a 60cc saw the 361 rips. It will not dissapoint you, I run mine with a 20" bar, some say an 18" bar balances better and you can run up to 28" with full skip chain.

Unless you opt for a 372xp Husqy, I'd go for the Stihl.

That is true! :D

I would definitly recommend the Stihl 361 over the 390. The 390 is considered a large homeowner saw, while the 361 is more of a pro saw. It is just a much more durable saw, better air filtration and you would definitly be happy with it. The Stihl 290,310 and 390 are all built on the same platform, just different carb, piston and cyl on the 310 and 390. But the same basic saw otherwise.

If you do a search on here you will find plenty of people that love the 361!

I'm not sure buying a saw that will soon be discontinued soon is the smart thing to do.
Some day, and sooner than expected, you just might need the parts needed to keep it running that are no longer available.

Buy a saw you want to be running 10-15-20 years from today.

Wow, we may have found someone who would actually rather have an 575! Go figure.

I'm not sure buying a saw that will soon be discontinued soon is the smart thing to do.
Some day, and sooner than expected, you just might need the parts needed to keep it running that are no longer available.

Buy a saw you want to be running 10-15-20 years from today.

You can still get a 372xp? In cali?? I'm totally lost. I'm in NC and we haven't had them since early 05. And even weirder is that they took away the 362xp in early 05 from us and brouht it back again this winter. I figured with Cali having the tighter emissions standards you would lose the 372 first, before us lol. It's all screwy !!

I believe any of the saws will work fine for your task. What I would suggest is going to the store and actually handling a model and see how it feels and what you think of the control layout. I would use any of them in a heartbeat!

talked to someone at husky today to find out about any more 372xp's coming and they won't commit to a yes or no, say it's still a maybe.

Back