Husky Saw Info 575x-torq

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're pretty sweet stock. Never run a ported one before.......

The 575/576'z receive a bad rep. I know the 575 doesn't deliver that way it was intended to. Most that rep them badly though have never run one (either one). Once they get one in their hands though I'm sure they'd change their tune rather quickly......

The 575s were short lived due to bad image and reportedly higher-than-normal incidence of crank problems. I never owned one so I cannot speak to the matter. The fact that it was replaced with a "cleaned up" 576 after just a few years would indicate that consumers and perhaps even husqvarna did not think highly of the saw.

I think generally when you get a good one, they're good. When you get a problematic one, they're problematic. They seem to come in both varieties. It's a bit risky on a used saw. If it's well used, congrats, it presumably stood up, but you never know if someone is unloading a well used saw because of problems...

The fact that it's been walkerized is a +/- depending on your outlook. Presumably it has more power as a result of the porting they did. I'm not too familiar with the ports or degree to which the walker ship pushes things, but all porting work is on a gradient, and I dont think it's too controversial to say that the more they chop the shorter the saw will live.

Hey "394XP". This is Don Walker. I probably walkerized that saw. I see you are in Sooke. Have you been to my new shop on Goldstream Avenue yet?

D

MOD EDIT: Non-Sponsor contact info removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back