Husky suggestion...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Tettnanger

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have given up on Stihl. I have a Stihl 026Pro that I am getting rid of. I want a saw with more umpf. I have decided to go with a Husky in the 50-60cc range. I want a saw that can handle a 20" bar and chain with ease. I want to keep the purchase within $500 if possible. I have been checking things out and have come up with the following ideas. Any opinions, other suggestions in the Husky line, etc would be much appreciated. The three that I have sorta narrowed it down to are:

1.) 359
2.) 455 Rancher
3.) 460

I am really leaning towards the 359.
Thanks all.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion PSE. Is there a site that I could check prices on? I am not looking to buy online, and I don't think that you can anymore, I just need a place to use as a price referrence.

uninformed opinion: the 455 has a small following around here on AS, a few people love em.

if you wanna get rid of that 026pro cheap, pm me.

i also take donations!:)

Doesn't fit the budget.

That is the one you should set your sight on - a lot more power, and a tad less weight than the listed Huskys......:)

You're right ST but he's said that he's done with Stihl so the 361 doesn't fit - - and besides it doesn't fall in his specified budget.

Al :cheers:

I have given up on Stihl. I have a Stihl 026Pro that I am getting rid of. I want a saw with more umpf. I have decided to go with a Husky in the 50-60cc range. I want a saw that can handle a 20" bar and chain with ease. I want to keep the purchase within $500 if possible. I have been checking things out and have come up with the following ideas. Any opinions, other suggestions in the Husky line, etc would be much appreciated. The three that I have sorta narrowed it down to are:

1.) 359
2.) 455 Rancher
3.) 460

Thanks all.

If your only going to cut pine or other softwood the 3 saws you mentioned above would be OK. They will cut 20" Oak but its not going to be fast at all.(been there, done that, with saws of this size) Its hard on the saw and you.

If you want to cut 20" OAK or other hardwood and really get something done then get a 372xp with a 20" bar. I know it doesn't meet your $500.00 goal but if you buy one of the three saws you mentioned above and cut 20" Oak you'll be thinking: "I wish I had spent the money and got a bigger saw."
Longwood:greenchainsaw:

uninformed opinion: the 455 has a small following around here on AS, a few people love em.

No it doesnt, and no, they dont. Wanab is the founding and only member of the 455 Is Great club.

The 455 and 460 are X-Torq turd saws with poor power to weight ratios. The 359 is a decent saw and dependable, but not a real eye opener in stock form.

The 357XP is the saw to get from Husqvarna in this size range. If your budget is $500 max I would buy a lightly used 372XP or Jonsered 2171 instead. There are lots of them around and the are fantastic saws to run.

Another saw to get if your dealer still has one is the Husqvarna 365/Jonsered 2165. They are around $500 new.

No it doesnt, and no, they dont. Wanab is the founding and only member of the 455 Is Great club.

The original founder was the truly annoying :monkey: SAP/PAS - but some suspect that Wanab is closely related to him - but much more sivil......:greenchainsaw: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

1.) 359
2.) 455 Rancher
3.) 460

Thanks all.

The 359 might be the only choice worth a ****, might want to reconsider keeping the 026. A muffler mod really wakes them up. What problems are you having with the 026 and is it for sale?

Latest posts

Back