Husqvarna 254 to Husqvarna 372xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one of my 372s has a 24" full comp on it.

pulls it no problem.i even stump with it.it screams with a 20".

i wouldn't take 10 575s for one 372.

Bought the 254 the morning Hurricane Hugo hit the Carolinas. Made a lot of friends in the neighborhood helping to clear the aftermath. Used the saw to clear and clean up our small lot and for friends needing trees cut. This summer I purchased a piece of heavily wooded property needed extensive thinning and clearing. Have been using the 254 and a 245 husky clearing saw and have been pleased for the most part, but am beginning to want another more powerful saw for felling and larger hardwood bucking. Is the 372xp the next logical step up? What about the 385xp? I handled the 395xp with a 32" bar at the dealer which seemed far heavier then I would like to handle. Also are there any particular safety concerns in stepping up to 372xp?
elkhunter,
I'm in Hickory so we are almost neighbors. The 372xp with 20" bar is a good saw but I plan on checking out a Dolmar 7900 since there is a dealer 12 miles from my house. .
I have a 254xp I bought new in 1997, since I bought a 372xp the 254 hasn't been started. The 372xp pulls a 20" bar in hardwood with authority, the 254 sure doesn't.
In weight and handling the step from 254 to 372 isn't that big.
The step from 254 to 385 is, however, in 24”+ hardwood I prefer the 385xp.
Both have so much more power that you'll wonder why you waited so long .

Later on if you want a bigger saw (if you keep reading this forum you will) the 390xp (improved 385xp) or the 395xp.

Hope this helps,
Longwood

Bought the 20" Husqvarna 372xp

Based on replies to my thread and other comments, it seems that the 372xp is the right "next saw" for me. I had seriously considered the 385/390 and someday that may be another purchase, but it sounds like a bigger jump up than I need for today. Thank you for the responses and the explanation of chain terminology. Assuming I can pick up the safety equipment tomorrow, I'll be running the 372 this weekend.

Latest posts

Back