Husqvarna 345

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one i bought new pre cad. I sold it to a friend since he wanted a saw. I really liked the saw, it made good power for it's size. (3hp)
It was light, it had good AV, and it always started and ran great. The only bad thing about the saw is that the oiler was weak. At least on my saw.

I've got a 345 that I bought second hand. I had planned on cleaning it up and flipping it to make a few bucks. The problem is that it runs too darn good and i can't bring myself to sell it. I find myself using it for small diameter stuff fairly often. Yeah, it's a "cheap homeowner " saw, but it runs good, the throttle is responsive, it has a good power to weight ratio, and it is just fun to operate. I wouldn't expect it to stand up to daily professional use, but it does what it is designed to do.

By the way, AM stands for after-market. I don't believe that a 346 cylinder will fit the 345 without some pretty serious modifications to the chassis, but someone with more knowledge than I may say different.

I've got a 345 that I bought second hand. I had planned on cleaning it up and flipping it to make a few bucks. The problem is that it runs too darn good and i can't bring myself to sell it. I find myself using it for small diameter stuff fairly often. Yeah, it's a "cheap homeowner " saw, but it runs good, the throttle is responsive, it has a good power to weight ratio, and it is just fun to operate. I wouldn't expect it to stand up to daily professional use, but it does what it is designed to do.

By the way, AM stands for after-market. I don't believe that a 346 cylinder will fit the 345 without some pretty serious modifications to the chassis, but someone with more knowledge than I may say different.

It will fit rather easily. You just need the base adapter unless the kit comes with one.

To make it into a 346xp wanna be you need (Husqvarna 537324001) BEARING CUP and and the Bolts that go threw the bottom (Husqvarna 503200527) and the 346 top end. And the 4 top end bolts (Husqvarna 503215525)

Last edited:
Also going to need the bolts that come up from the bottom. You can't use the ones that held the 345 jug on as they are too long.

Depending on what you are looking to do with the saw, this is a waste of $ if the jug is in good condition. If you really want a 346, this is a cheap shortcut to get there. But if you'd just like to have a nice small saw, then leave it the way it is.

Also going to need the bolts that come up from the bottom. You can't use the ones that held the 345 jug on as they are too long.

Depending on what you are looking to do with the saw, this is a waste of $ if the jug is in good condition. If you really want a 346, this is a cheap shortcut to get there. But if you'd just like to have a nice small saw, then leave it the way it is.

It will of course not become a 346xp even with a 346xp top end, it will just cut like one! :cool2:

With a correct sharp chain, this saw is fantastic. I sawed up the trunks, up to 18-inch diameters, on 6 pine trees a friend felled for me. They were too close to my house. In two hours, the trunks were sawed into about 1 foot pieces. All I have to do is keep it oiled and gassed up and keep it out of the dirt. Keep it revved up and it does the work.

With a correct sharp chain, this saw is fantastic. I sawed up the trunks, up to 18-inch diameters, on 6 pine trees a friend felled for me. They were too close to my house. In two hours, the trunks were sawed into about 1 foot pieces. All I have to do is keep it oiled and gassed up and keep it out of the dirt. Keep it revved up and it does the work.

This is where it starts...
CAD the dreaded Very$$$ addiction!

You might be able to saw all that you ever need to saw with your Husky 345, but there are so many more beautiful Husky models out there that you will get a 3 or 5 or a 7 saw plan.

Good Luck... leave now and never come back..

OR... which is what I do.
GET ALL YOU CAN!

:)

Husqvarna 345 - Too late. Already bit by chainsaw bug.

This is where it starts...
CAD the dreaded Very$$$ addiction!

You might be able to saw all that you ever need to saw with your Husky 345, but there are so many more beautiful Husky models out there that you will get a 3 or 5 or a 7 saw plan.

Good Luck... leave now and never come back..

OR... which is what I do.
GET ALL YOU CAN!

:)

Too late. I own about 6 saws. My big one is a Jonsered 2159 with a 24-inch blade. I have used this on 40-inch hardwoods. It cuts great.

Chainsaws have bars and chains. The knives in your kitchen have blades.

Welcome to AS. I'm a few hours south.

What I was trying to say when I rep'd you was I HATE when people call guide bars blades. If it's a Wright then it has a blade. The cutting surface is on the chain, not the guide bar. Ok carry on folks good thread so far.

Just my opinion the 34/345/350 platform is the most versatile home owner platform ever made. Simple to work on very reliable, not to mention very lightweight considering the power.

Latest posts

Back