Husqvarna 345

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i like mine, bought new 04. Won't live long enough to wear it out used as home owner saw. Cut down 55 ft hemlock 2 years ago, had top it and then 2 more cuts, I did survive.

I bought my 345 new in May of 2004, I'm a homeowner type that lives in the middle of a red pine forest. The saw works when I need it to work, even if it has set for a while. I agree that the oiler is weak. The only maintenance it has ever needed is the chain. $252 from Northwestern Power tools mail order when I bought it. Money well spent.

Old thread, but I bought a 345 after I had a 350 and could not tell the difference when cutting back to back. Supposedly there is a .2 HP difference in the two.

I blame this family of saws on my CAD affliction!

Never actually ran a stock 345 but the J-red 2245 is fantastic for a entry level saw. The 445/2245 is the newer strato cylinder updated 345. I actually prefer the older generation 350 because it's much easier to tinker/mod. I have a saw that started out as a 345 but it's got a woods ported 52cc jug with a flat top piston and muff mod. No comparison to the 45cc version or 49cc 350. It's a slippery slope when one starts playing with these Huskies. Nice old thread to dig up.

Back