Husqvarna 353G E-Tech maintenance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Progress. The only wire I can't find a location for is the black lead that comes from the heating element in the handle. The manual says to "Press the black lead into the base of the carburetor and connect it with the bolt. Tighten to a torque of 3–4 Nm." The wire I have here is broke off, so I don't know what sort of end it should have. Similar to a ground wire, given the manual says to connect it with a bolt. But where on the base of the carb does it go? Anyone know?

20231026_130724-353g-e-tech-black-lead-from-heated-handle.jpg

To me, there looks like there should be a closed end connector that looks like it would bolt to the same place as the other circled black wire, possibly to a screw that keeps one of the carb covers on? Or on the chassis somewhere possibly

I second this motion.

crimp a ring terminal on the end of that bare wire (the original terminal must have got pulled off by a past owner/shop during teardown) and ground it on the same bolt as the one from the carb heat

To me, there looks like there should be a closed end connector that looks like it would bolt to the same place as the other circled black wire, possibly to a screw that keeps one of the carb covers on? Or on the chassis somewhere possibly View attachment 1123048

I agree as well. Thanks.

I modified the boot going to the cylinder (cut away OEM clip part). Put in a screw clamp and positioned it for easy access to tighten it.
20231109_142056-insulation-wall-modification.jpg

All back together and the new problem is the saw will not stay running when I push the choke back in. So I think there's too much air getting in somewhere, maybe around that boot that I just modified. So looks like I'll be taking it all apart again. Problem clean teh carb while I'm at it.

Check the impulse passage that runs through the intake boot. They are known to deform & seal themselves up, or it may have gotten twisted/obstructed as you've been working on it.
I've had more than one that had an issue with the short impulse line from the boot to the carb too... either pinholes or the wrong (uncurved) tube being used & it gets a kink in it

A regular hose clamp should not be used on the intake boot, they do not apply even clamping force for 360 degrees all round, there is a slack or flat spot under the gear clamp that allows air to enter the boot at that spot, the regular boot clamps used on chainsaws give a more round distributed clamping force and seldom cause an air leak.

I finally found a place to buy the clamp for the intake boot. https://www.husqvparts.com/Husqvarna-505283309/ but so far as I can tell they don't ship to Canada. Anyone got another source?

I took it all apart again last evening and double checked the boot. Line is good, no obstruction.

20231110_161504-intake-boot-353g.jpg20231110_161509-intake-boot-353g.jpg

Put it all back together and its running a litle better but its still sucking air from somewhere because it will still stall in the cut.

Latest posts

Back