Husqvarna 372xp Ventmaster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a few shots from the Craigslist add. As you can see it's already partially disassembled. I should be able to get a very good look at it.
00808_9D3blUMSsHm_600x450.jpg
01212_fOJR2OmViJ2_600x450.jpg

Here's a few shots from the Craigslist add. As you can see it's already partially disassembled. I should be able to get a very good look at it.

Goods-

That's not a saw. It's a box of parts. When you think about the value of a 372, you think about an operational saw. I hope the seller isn't asking too much. you'll likely need more than a fuel cap to get it running. Also carefully read what tdmsurfguy wrote. It certainly described my experiences. At least some of the crud has been cleaned off of the pictured item. By the way, I doubt that vent saws are modified for more power. I've had my 575 apart a few times and haven't noticed anything special about it, just that it has obviously been "rode hard and put away wet." It will be apart again this winter. It's leaking air somewhere, probably the power take off side seal. Unfortunately it looks like the seal is integrated with the bearing so I will need to split the cases.

I have read that they have a "special" engine. My guess is higher compression. But who knows.

I have heard (don't know) that there are two Echo 80cc top ends, and the quik vents had the hi-test one, and that the carb on the quik vent is bigger. Mine are very strong saws, easy to start despite lack of compression release, and not too loud.

But they are heavy and I don't think much of the air filter. Don

Has anyone ever heard of such a saw? I found one locally and was told it was a former firemans roof cutting saw. From what little research I conducted, I found a $2,000 msrp. The seller says the saw doesn't run, so i may be able to pick it up real cheap.
its the rescue saw , carbide chain that can cut everything, its the same saw with some extras, also see stihl 460, 461 rescue, dolmar rescue

Ya I'm aware it's in rough shape but he only wants 30 bucks for ito_O

I haven't heard back from the seller. Only had an email listed. No phone number. Heck he's only in the next town over from me
but whatch carefully maybe he tell you to sent him the shipping cost first...........................open your eyes with this , the 30 is good but maybe is a trap.

30 bucks for that?
I'll double your money :D AND let you keep the "special rescue bar and chain" and other special parts :eek:

Even if the cylinder is roached, and the bearings and crank are shot, the plastics and fuel tank/handlebar is worth that.

Back