Husqvarna 395

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did u run it stock before u had it modded? is there a pretty big difference? how often do u use this saw?

I got it that way, I have ran a few Walkerized saws, they always have more power than stock, its quite noticeable. I don't use it that much, just for big trees or to buck firewood thats big, ain't to many big trees here.

I got it that way, I have ran a few Walkerized saws, they always have more power than stock, its quite noticeable. I don't use it that much, just for big trees or to buck firewood thats big, ain't to many big trees here.

What does Walkerized involve and what is the price?

wrong site

If you want to do it yourself you need to go somewhere else. If you want a good port job contact Ed Heard and he charges 250 for a port job.

Buck

Well I could get kicked off here if I say too much but I imagine I could give you his email

Ed Heard.

[email protected]

He is the best wood saw porter. He really understands what is going on with the saw.

Buck

I have ran a few stock and then modded. They were all brand new hadn't even been put together yet. With the 395 you can do boost ports if you want to because the angle on the intake is just severe enough. Other than that you can mill the cylinder take the transfers and open then up by boring the transfer channel down into the cylinder. Don't mess with the shape at all as it will dramatically effect the way the saw runs. Just leave the shape how it is. Widen the intake and exhast and the tips of the transfers. Then about another full inch of holes in the muffler front with screen is about right back pressure for horsepower and torque. If it's a good port job you will need a non rev-limiting coil to utilize the gains.:rock: When Modded there hard to stop with anything under 36"

hey thanks for owning one of my saws we build them to last and perform and do close to 500 a year any problems with it email me at [email protected]

Don thank you, I got it used, on the Charlottes last year. I traded an almost new dishwasher and $250 for it and a 394 with a Cannon bar on it and a 37" Tsumura bar on the 395, I think it was good deal. First time I ran one of your saws was a 266xp back in "93, it kicked azz.

395/394 Husky

Anybody know the difference between the 394/395 as far as piston size? I know the 394 is slighly shorter and the rings are slightly narrower in width. Can you run either in the same cylinder?

Back