Husqvarna 450 or Dolmar 421?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husqvarna 450 or Dolmar 421

• Husqvarna 450

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Dolmar 421

Votes: 48 73.8%

• Total voters
My huskies have been great trouble free saws year after year after year after....
Given your criteria, buy the 450. That being said, I want a Dolmar bad!

I know we are discussing these 2 saws, but why are you not considering the $399 CS590 Echo? It has been talked about many times on here for being a great saw. I don't own one but I want one.

I'm already pushing my budget hard and also, the aforementioned dealer support.

I don't recall the OP voicing any concerns with emissions technology but to answer the question, yes the Dolmar PS-421 has a catalytic converter. :)

Also, removing the cat and richening it up just a bit seems very easily done but I would wait until it's out of warranty first.

Buy a rs stihl chain to go with your stock chain. So you have atleast one back up with you.

Oh, I'll buy more than one. I'm just wondering which saw is going to cut the best out of the box and if either needs a change in chain choice.

Oh, I'll buy more than one. I'm just wondering which saw is going to cut the best out of the box and if either needs a change in chain choice.
Hmmm I cannot comment on the dolmar chain. The husky chain that comes on the saw is good for dirty wood but I really like the stihl .325 rs chains. They made my 445 cut much faster than the husky chain that came with it. I do have 3 husky chains that came with my used 350 I bought. I will use them before I buy any new chains for it.

I may of not been much help .... that's all I know on the topic:)

Husqvarna 545 all the way. U can get on on ebay for roughly 400. See mighty mouse. It's a all out commercial machine.

I think you meant 200 for the 5020, thats what they run at sears for the craftsman version.

Latest posts

Back