Husqvarna 450 or Dolmar 421?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husqvarna 450 or Dolmar 421

• Husqvarna 450

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Dolmar 421

Votes: 48 73.8%

• Total voters
Any decision made yet?

Leaning towards the Dolmar unless the vendor I'm returning the Poulan to (that has the Huskys) makes me a good deal.

I like the Dolmar because F150 will ship to me tested and tuned for my elevation. I like the Husky because I have a known good local dealer and I bet that 450 would rip with a 16" bar. I do have an impression that the Dolmar is built tougher which suits my knuckle dragging nature.

Oh plus 8% sales tax, and does it even come with a bar and chain?
The man is on a budget and the 421 is still probably better built with fewer problems and weighs less.

Ya local pick up in NY, so add another $30 plus for shipping.
So, $462. This is the problem I ran into, folks will say "oh, you can buy this for this price" and when I go look for "this at this price," it ain't there hence my request in the first for links.

You can also look at the jred 2252 which is the same saw they are on ebay from a dealer in Ohio. Offer him 400 as thats what I paid for mine from him.I got my 545 for $386 to my door on an auction.

You can also look at the jred 2252 which is the same saw they are on ebay from a dealer in Ohio. Offer him 400 as thats what I paid for mine from him.I got my 545 for $386 to my door on an auction.

I don't appreciate your comment over "playing" when it's my money on the line and furthermore, I'm not finding your statements to be truthful so I won't be reading anything else from you,

Then have you checked eBay recently with regards to your statement that these can be had on eBay for "roughly $400"?
$386 plus extra chain shipping included. Found in completed listings ended April 17. You seem a bit quick on some responses here.

It takes about a 10% fee to sell on ebay and take pay pal. A lot of stuff it the opposite of bottom fishing. We can just speculate what circumstances lead to the low ball prices.

I don't appreciate your comment over "playing" when it's my money on the line and furthermore, I'm not finding your statements to be truthful so I won't be reading anything else from you,
If you can't handle a little friendly banter you're truly in the wrong place. You should be more careful who you call a liar.
this HTML class. Value is http://m.ebay.com/or item number 141957353115

$386 plus extra chain shipping included. Found in completed listings ended April 17. You seem a bit quick on some responses here.

You're quite right, I didn't search past, finished sales but oh well. I intend to PM the Husky dealer referenced in this thread about his prices. I cannot find 545s in my price range currently.

I vote domar of the 2 choices. But run an echo 590 for fire wood work. Lowes is the only place to buy Husqvarna around here so I won't buy one.

M-
I vote domar of the 2 choices. But run an echo 590 for fire wood work. Lowes is the only place to buy Husqvarna around here so I won't buy one.
my first saw (445)came from lowes. I cut atleast 300 full cords with that saw. It has a new carb and throttle cable and two new sprockets. It's a 2010 model. I never touched the carb once to tune it. It came correct from lowes. FWIW

M-

my first saw (445)came from lowes. I cut atleast 300 full cords with that saw. It has a new carb and throttle cable and two new sprockets. It's a 2010 model. I never touched the carb once to tune it. It came correct from lowes. FWIW

Did you replace the parts yourself or were they done on warranty?

I paid the local stihl dealer to do the work. The carb was replaced last year in January I think. I paid the dealer to change the sprockets too. Saw was definatly out of warranty when the carb was replaced and sprockets are a normal maintenance thing. I would get a 445 instead of a 450. My 445 has only wore an 18" bar. I have bucked up dozens and dozens of 30"+ logs with it.

Back