Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a few points-

-fuel below the decomp is normal in a flooded saw, which it sounds like your's was
-a plug won't turn brown with only trying to start it no matter how flooded it is
-as long as you are getting a little spray off the bar tip the chain is getting enough oil
-don't use starting fluid in a chainsaw. It doesn't have any oil and it strips the oil from the cylinder
-don't hide stuff from the wife, it is bad news when they find out

Be mindful of your new saw and how it behaves... The 365 is a solid unit, and should be very repeatable as to it's starting... Flooding a saw isn't that hard to do... When the saw is cool, and you have it on choke, listen for a "pop"... When you hear the pop, stop pulling and take it off choke. A couple three more pulls, and it should idle... If your saw runs on choke, it's not tuned properly... Get to know your saw...
Read, read, read... Please make sure it's tuned correctly, and er toward rich if in doubt...
Enjoy the sweet husky...

And yes, hiding things from the wife is usually a bad policy...
:msp_thumbsup:

a few points-

-fuel below the decomp is normal in a flooded saw, which it sounds like your's was
-a plug won't turn brown with only trying to start it no matter how flooded it is
-as long as you are getting a little spray off the bar tip the chain is getting enough oil
-don't use starting fluid in a chainsaw. It doesn't have any oil and it strips the oil from the cylinder
-don't hide stuff from the wife, it is bad news when they find out

LOL
Thanks for info

Be mindful of your new saw and how it behaves... The 365 is a solid unit, and should be very repeatable as to it's starting... Flooding a saw isn't that hard to do... When the saw is cool, and you have it on choke, listen for a "pop"... When you hear the pop, stop pulling and take it off choke. A couple three more pulls, and it should idle... If your saw runs on choke, it's not tuned properly... Get to know your saw...
Read, read, read... Please make sure it's tuned correctly, and er toward rich if in doubt...
Enjoy the sweet husky...

And yes, hiding things from the wife is usually a bad policy...
:msp_thumbsup:

Ok never heard pop but will listen closer next time.
Thanks

Enjoy the sweet husky...

Is this something I need to take to dealer or can I do this myself?

Home Owner vs. Professional Saw

This is what I got back from email I sent to Husqvarna when asking what the difference was between these saws. Pretty much what you guys said.

The main difference in the saws are engine related. Many of the homeowner and landowner saws have single piston rings and the cases are made of composite material. The professional saws are made of magnesium. Cylinder design and porting is also different. The other main difference is the professional saws are built in Sweden and the homeowner and landowners are built in the US.

I've got a 455 with a 20". So far it has cut down, delimbed and bucked 82 full cords of wood. Everything from hard maple to pine. The saw has never fouled a plug or suffered a single broken or worn out part (other than one bar several chains). In my opinion this saw is a smokin' bargain. Would I buy another one? You bet. It will never keep up with my MS460 for speed, but this 455 has been a great saw for me. Make sure your carb is adjusted correctly and get very proficient at sharpening your chain and go make some chips fly. This is my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back