Husqvarna 465

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huntindog1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I purchased from Baileys around Christmas time one of the new models Husqvarna 465.

I am not real pleased with it.

I got it started a few times then when it dies you cant get it started again or if you do your lucky.

Its got that Autotune or Auto Tune carburetor on it so no adjustments.

I sent it in for warranty to a local shop and computer indicated carb was bad so they replaced it.

I picked it up, got home and started it ,warmed it up, turn it off, started it a few times everything seemed fine.

I went last weekend to actually cut some wood and started it and made one cut and at the end of the cut
I let off the throttle and it died and couldnt get it started again.

Its in the shop again for warranty.

So I am posting this so everyone has some info on the new Husqvarna 465 Auto tune Saw.

I am about ready to sell all my Husqvarna saws and go to Stihl.

That's terrible news. Most of the new stihls have the m-tronic carbs so it might be difficult to escape that if you go new.
Maybe it will come back from the shop this time running like a too.
I've got a 555 I'll sell you....need to put together some scoinch for a 372!

How long had you let it idle since the new carb, when it died after the cut? My 550XP was really rich and wouldn't idle hardly at all until I let it idle for a few minutes. Like literally, I started it up and revved it to keep it running, then cut about 8 cookies on an 18" log, then it still didn't want to idle right. I had to let it sit and idle for probably 8-9 minutes that first time before it got dialed in. It did come with both a screen filter and a felt filter in the box with it, and I put the felt filter on it, which is likely why it was a bit rich, but still.

Mike

Latest posts

Back