Husqvarna 550xp vs echo cs490

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyforlife21

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
The husky cost 550 the echo cost $350. What is the echo I noticed it looks different is it actually a shindawia? I'm an occasional user I know probably bother are overkill for the half a cord I cut a year. My other saw is a ms170

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the CS500. Very nice pro saw and the CS490 has an even better price. 5 year warranty too at a good Dealer.

But....if you will keep this saw for a long time and maybe help out friends etc. with more cutting the 550xp is a real cutting machine. The CS490 will be slower but very dependable and sturdy.

I'm seeing two model of the 550xp one with flippy caps and one with normal caps. What's the difference are the flippy ones newer? My local one has the regular caps. Any other differences?

Really? It said 2015 on it it's about 100 bucks cheaper then other dealers including tax.

2015 without Flippy Caps? I haven't seen that. As long as it is truely a 2015 you should be fine. By the Husky oil for the 4 year warranty. It does work with a good Dealer. Spike60 is a jam up guy, that's where I bought mine.

2015 without Flippy Caps? I haven't seen that. As long as it is truely a 2015 you should be fine. By the Husky oil for the 4 year warranty. It does work with a good Dealer. Spike60 is a jam up guy, that's where I bought mine.
What year did they stop? That scares me as this dealer has only been open a few years but it's way cheaper then the other dealers who want $650 with tax

My first one was one of the first Spike60 sold and was ported. Unbelievable saw. Standard caps. Not sure of the date...

Second 550xp this spring was flippy caps, which I happen to like, and is still stock. Bought it with a second 562R. Great Auto Tune saws.

For only a half cord a year I would go the most cost effective route. You will have more problems with proper long term storage and maintenance then anything else. Make sure you always drain al the gas and then start and run it dry.

The echo looks to be the same as the shindy 491s which makes me not want it. Just cause I love echo products for reliability I knew something didn't feel echoish

Anybody get the current husky promotion of 3 cans of fuel hat and 4 year warranty? All my dealers are acting like it doesn't exist

Back