Husqvarna: New Wal-Mart Brand!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husqvarna's been a solid company for 300 years, making a good profit.

What ? In the Catapult and Atlatl business back then ?:clap:

Not sure what the hoopla is about Wally-World carrying the Husky's. Here in PA, Lowe's carries them, as well as Tractor Supply. Have been for quite a while. My guess is that just like any other line of equipment a box store sells, that they are the Homeowner lines. Any MALE GENDER (no offense gals) human worth their salt, knows that they will get a Homeowner type product, and ZERO service satisfaction when purchasing from a box store. Not sure if the Husky in Wal-Mart news is very "boat rocking" considering Husky has been doin it for years.

What is truly sad is that a lot of Wal-mart shoppers don't know the difference. I was working at a bicycle shop that sold Schwinn bikes, witch are sold in Wal-mart. Has completely killed the Schwinn name in the high end level. There is still a bike store line that Wal-mart can't get that is a higher quality. But people keep coming in and asking why we are so much more expensive, I will just go to Walmart and get the same bike for cheap. Now if you compare the bike market to chainsaws the majority of people who own bikes, are of the Wal-mart variety. They still think Schwinn is a quality brand, the smaller population who invest money into there bikes know different. Will be the same with Husqvarna if Wall-mart has the chance. And similar to the bike industry the majority of chainsaw use is your cheaper homeowner saws. In most cases pro saws are used by a pro. So what may end up happening is while you are getting you Husqvarna saw service you will have to wait behind someone who wants to know why there saw is 1000 and Wal-mart's is only 128. It will really only hurt those who love Husqvarna pro saws. The average Wal-mart shopper will think they are stealing a saw.

Howdy,
One thing mass merchants hate is other mass merchants. Their "all the eggs in one basket" business terrorism plan won't work. Husqvarna seems to be spreading the love around pretty good. They've taken some hits in net worth as of late but, they shouldn't feel pregnant. I think they're still worth about 10 billion. That's some cubic cash that would even take Walmart awhile to swallow.
Regards
Gregg

Wal-mart has killed many a brand for sure. The Husqvarna name should not be seen in a Wal-mart regardless of what it is on. It's not surprizing Wal-mart would print the Husqvarna name on thier stickers for the customers to see and think hey, Husqvarna, wow man. Wal-mart is all about sales and they will use any method they can to get a sale. Husqvarna will in the end pay a steep price for allowing Wal-mart to pull that number, ask Homelite...

but do people reallythink lowes or homedepot are really much better? or even tractor supply?

Let me share an example on this scenario.

Ariens snow blowers in HD vs. the Dealership

There is a BIG difference in the drivetrain systems.

HD brand...smaller cheaper drivetrain that will break eventually and it will cost around 150-200 to fix it.

Dealer brand...standard heavier duty drivetrain, the friction disc might wear out many years from when you bought it.

But the cost to fix it is significantly less...only 1/2 hr. labor.

TSC Sells BB Mowers

The orange color works for BAD BOY ZTR mower's, up 80% in a market that's down 30% a 110% improvement over their competitors. Made in the USA, Batesville, AR build two more assembly plants, hired another 180 employee's, getting overtime to keep up with demand.
That's what quality and value priced will do for you.

It's not far fetched at all that it will hurt the brand, I've seen it happen first hand as a former buyer and divisional for them, left due to all the pressure to import after Sam died, the buy America program went out the door, we were once allowed to pay up to 10-15% more landed cost to the store for American product. They had import quota's when I left, you had to import so much or you weren't doing your job to support the import division.

Guess who's selling Bad Boy ZTR now. Tractor Supply Co. and they aren't the same quality IMO as you buy at the factory. I have had two from the factory for my job. They are tough as nails but they don't give a quality mow I expect for a $5K-$6K mower. But they are easy to get parts for and tough. I think they could use a little improvement in the deck and cutters. A floating deck would help most of the quality. I will say that without the one I have from April to November, I wouldn't be able to keep up with my jobs.

They still make bikes?
I had an ol' 400 Husky MX with high and low range tranny as a teen that I could not kill.And believe me we tried.Was a badass bike in it's day.

I don't think it has anything to do with our Husqvarna AB but yes they still make bikes, we have a dealer about 20mi. away:cheers:

Guess who's selling Bad Boy ZTR now. Tractor Supply Co. and they aren't the same quality IMO as you buy at the factory. I have had two from the factory for my job. They are tough as nails but they don't give a quality mow I expect for a $5K-$6K mower. But they are easy to get parts for and tough. I think they could use a little improvement in the deck and cutters. A floating deck would help most of the quality. I will say that without the one I have from April to November, I wouldn't be able to keep up with my jobs.

Does that mower have a welded steel deck or is it stamped steel?

The PZ series ZTR's are welded and thicker than the other brands.

Very nice seat too, with alot of adjustability.

HUGE greaseable spindles.

Got a PZ7234 on the sales floor now and it is badass, fast and very well made.
72" deck 34 HP Kawi engine.

These aren't like the previous ZTR's...they're way better built.
Anything that is adjustable is easy to get to, and it looks easier to work on.

In a simple word...this thing is overbuilt.

Check it out here

Check it out here

I just bought a new JD 1445. I am very pleased with the engineering in the unit. I needed the 4wd unit for the very steep hills on my property.

ZG

They still make bikes?

No. they sold the motorcycle division to Cagiva in Italy in 1986. At the time Cagiva also owned Ducati and MV Augusta.

In the last couple of years, Cagiva sold Husqvarna motorcycles to BMW. Production is still in Italy tho. With capital from the new "mothership", the Husky line is becoming quite modern and desirable again.

So in a nutshell, Swedish name and heritage, Italian factory, German owners.:biggrinbounce2:

On a side note, after Husqvarna Moto moved to Italy, many of the displaced Swedish engineers started their own new motorcycle company, Husaberg. Many innovative ideas from those Swedes. KTM of Austria purchased Husaberg about nine years ago, and all production moved to Austria.

Last edited:
All their decks are stamped and welded with a Powder coat finish.

Check it out here
Thats the beauty of Bad Boy all their stuff is easy to work on. They are basic components nothing complicated or confusing. I'm able to fix anything on my 5426 mower and get back to work. When I need help figuring out something or upgrading a part I pick up the phone and call a human being usually one I grew up with. Yes all their decks are welded, no cheep stamps. Yes they have big heavy spindles. They are over built, there is no way you could wear the whole machine to a point of not justifying the cost of replacing a part here or there. The blades are even thick enough to endure machine hours without replacement. I sharpen regularly sand eats the crap out of them here. At $45 dollars a set my craftsman blades are that much and don't last nearly as long. The next one I get I want a diesel. They are more balanced power to weight and will actually mow fast than you want to ride the beast.
I have 300 plus hours on my 3 years old machine now though and doubt I will replace it soon. Like I said earlier for the everyday joe this is not your machine. Its doesn't mow like a regular rider. It easy to run but to get a quality cut takes a little finess. But then again I am a little Obsessive Compulsive. But just a little. Also if you get a mower with a deck wider than you need, and this is true with any, they scalp a little more noticeable, and you are limited to where you can access. Hell of a mower for the price. You can't look a John Deere, Toro, or Kubota with the build for close to the money.
Don't know if you've hear but they are now started last year building a side by side utility vehicles, electric powered capable of being licensed on road use. A diesel and Gas verison to be offered this year. Kind of looks like a golf cart armoured and put on steriods. Have heard they are awesome from the locals working there. See them being transported every day. I live and work between the ATV plant and the Mower plants.

My appology's to the OP, not trying to highjack or redirect your thread.

Check it out here

If all goes as planned I'll be getting one of those for work next year, 2 quotes from dealers are under 10k out the door and delivered.

Back