Husqvarna Orange???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Forsh

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the paint code for Husqvarna orange? I asked Husqvarna UK, but all they wanted to do was sell me an aerosol for £20. Seems to me that I could get it made up at any automotive accessory shop for cheaper.

The 162 is in need of a repaint.

My local paint store can do a computer match (and mix the custom paint) for any color sample you take them. Take the saw, or a picture, or a part from the saw, that has good color, into the paint store and I bet they can fix you up in short order.

I suppose I could do that thanks. I'm pretty sure that there must be a paint colour code though. Every car colour has one, so why not a chainsaw?

Dan Forsh said:
I suppose I could do that thanks. I'm pretty sure that there must be a paint colour code though. Every car colour has one, so why not a chainsaw?

I highly doubt they have a paint code and that would be specific to the company. As stated earlier take a good part to a good auto parts shop and I bet good ole DuPont will be able to come up with a good mix that will be a good match. (is that enough good's)

Bill

Sorry guys, I'm not having it! I used to work in the auto painting business and I think the same will apply. There WILL be a paint code for "Husqvarna Orange" and someone out there knows it! Okay, most parts on new saws will be plastic rather than painted, but when they place an order with whoever makes the plastics parts, they will have to quote a colour reference, so by the same rationale there is a paint code for it.

Admittedly I can probably get a good match by taking a sample to a paint shop, but I've got my teeth into this one now!

Dan Forsh said:
Sorry guys, I'm not having it! I used to work in the auto painting business and I think the same will apply. There WILL be a paint code for "Husqvarna Orange" and someone out there knows it! Okay, most parts on new saws will be plastic rather than painted, but when they place an order with whoever makes the plastics parts, they will have to quote a colour reference, so by the same rationale there is a paint code for it.

Admittedly I can probably get a good match by taking a sample to a paint shop, but I've got my teeth into this one now!

Well I guess I would say provide the code. You quote aotomotive we are talking about saws. I guess I would rather do a match in a few minutes rather than searching years for a code.

Just my thoughts,

Bill

While you are looking I as well as many others would be interested in the rest of the codes for numerous saws. The Homelite green is a real tough one.

Bill

Dan-
While you are obtaining the paint code for Husky orange, can you please obtain the paint code for my sons red fuji bike as well as my white GE washer? My point is that paint codes do exist in the automotive industry, they do not exist in all industries.

You're right - I'm sure there is a code for a Husky saw. They would have to give it to the printers anytime they printed a brochure or letterhead, etc. However, they may consider it proprietary and not release it to the public.

If its painted there is a paint code
According to Dupont's tech line it is offered in the industrial and commercial finishes line.
Imron 5000 # N1726
Imron 6000 # L1726
Centari and Imron 5.0 # F1579
You will have to find that fuji and homelite paint on your own.

Last edited:
One thing I have found over the years, with some exceptions, John Deer and IH tractor paint being two, is that with many companies that have "standard" color schemes for thier products, the actual colors you end up with even if you buy from the company are not always true to the original color. Go into a John Deere outlet and buy John Deere green paint and you will get the same grren every time, same quality gas resistant enamal every time everywhere. It will be expensive, but it will be right on color. As for Husky orange... and Stihl too, I have seen several different shades of orange between saws. If they do have a standard color, it sure isn't always adhered to. I suspect getting the plastic moldings to EXACT colors across many model runs over many model years might be tough to do, or should I say more expensive to do. Any Stihl dealers here that know more about this could maybe set me strait.

So, would that code be for the Husky orange that was on saws built before 1986 or after? They made a color change right around that year (give or take a year or so)

I have new tanks here for 240/340 and the colors on them is the same as the engine block on a 357xpg.

Husky orange I dont know much about the paint but will this give you what you are looking for? page 25 last listing.

If you notice on page 25 there are 2 differant code # for the orange.

Latest posts

Back