Husqvarna Orange???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 3 444sg here with different coulors, that does not mean it was originally.
The plastis and metal color can age differently from cover to cover, Do you compare new covers?

Mange-
I was working for a Husqvarna distributor in the US when the change took place. I remember the service bulletin and then seeing it as the new models came in.

formersawrep said:
Dan-
While you are obtaining the paint code for Husky orange, can you please obtain the paint code for my sons red fuji bike as well as my white GE washer? My point is that paint codes do exist in the automotive industry, they do not exist in all industries.

My, hasn't this started something! I think a few people missed the point I was trying to make. There has to be a paint code as a couple people have now confirmed. Even if they don't release it into the public domain, there has to be a code for it, Auto industry or Saw industry regardless. Husqvarna don't just phone Dupont and say "send us some more orange paint" I'm sure Dupont would love it to be that simple. If you have the code for a colour, you can have the colour mixed from scratch. I know, I used to do it.

Dan-
You are correct. I should have said that paint codes are not published in all industries as they are in the automotive industry.

Established paint shops normally have large catalogues with the paint codes, and yes every colour has a code, to the extent that the same colour with different formulation has a different code (i.e. acrylic, cellulose, metalic, pearlesant etc.)
Worth noting, sometimes the colour will be listed under the parent group name, Husky orange may be listed under 'Electrolux', the owner of Husqvarna. John.

woodshop said:
One thing I have found over the years, with some exceptions, John Deer and IH tractor paint being two, is that with many companies that have "standard" color schemes for thier products, the actual colors you end up with even if you buy from the company are not always true to the original color. Go into a John Deere outlet and buy John Deere green paint and you will get the same grren every time, same quality gas resistant enamal every time everywhere. It will be expensive, but it will be right on color. As for Husky orange... and Stihl too, I have seen several different shades of orange between saws. If they do have a standard color, it sure isn't always adhered to. I suspect getting the plastic moldings to EXACT colors across many model runs over many model years might be tough to do, or should I say more expensive to do. Any Stihl dealers here that know more about this could maybe set me strait.

yes, "Stihl Orange" has varied over the years from a very red orange to the light orange in use today. The latest plastics (like on the MS sereis) is a good match for the paint they now sell, but not on earlier models. I found a VERY GOOD match for the Stihl orange on an earlier cut-off saw at Home Depot - $3 a can. Matching using auto paint is very expensive for a small quanity. Locally I pay about $60 for the first pint...

I got this info from Gumnuts.

Enamel

Auto shop had it logged under equipment colorsnot auto
Code - group 1 Make- Fleet
THESE MEASURES ARE PER approx LITRE

Stihl white/grey : Reduced green 3.8 grams
Yellow ochre 11.4 grams
Black 24.4 "
White 907.0 "

Stihl Orange : Mid yellow 283.2 grams
Orange 514.8 "
White 176.4 "

Wow, this is an old one! It must have been one of my first posts.

I did find someone who posted the RAL colour codes for "old Stihl red", "old Stihl grey", "modern Stihl orange" and "modern Stihl grey"

Damned if I can find it now.

On the Husky, I eventually took a good clean part and had the colour matched by an auto shop from the inside surface where there would be little fading.

I have a couple cans of mixed Stihl matched paint that I use regularly on TS 400's. The orange is fine, but the grey is too grey by my eyes. I'll look up the RAL codes on them and post in the next day or so if they are of any use to someone.

I can have the paint codes to you tomorrow if you still need them. Both Pantone and PMS scale.

Probably wont do you any good if its an older saw though...

I will second the Allis Charmers answer

The deck on my Husky mower was repainted with Allis Charmers paint looked real nice.

Back