Husqvarna vs Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You hunka lovers sure are desperate to prove your saws are not flimsy. It's not like I come around here trying to prove my saw is not clumcy. I'm confident in my saws and don't have to get fussy when they may be talked down upon in conversation. You're right I don't own any flimsy Husqies, and probably never will unless their 540 xptat proves itself not a total dud. I just don't have the confidence in Husqy to want to keep any of them.

All you guys I'm sure are wonderful fellers, but I stihl say them huskys are flimsy.
:givebeer:

Wow.....just wow.

There are great saws made by many companies.......but I've not seen any that advance the timing.

Like was said (twice) in this thread, the timing is retarded at low rpm to make cranking easier......but once operating rpm is reached, the timing is maxed out, and isn't "adjusted" by any systems Husky or Stihl have.

Wow.....just wow.

There are great saws made by many companies.......but I've not seen any that advance the timing.

Like was said (twice) in this thread, the timing is retarded at low rpm to make cranking easier......but once operating rpm is reached, the timing is maxed out, and isn't "adjusted" by any systems Husky or Stihl have.

Finally, somebody who "gets it"! :p

Yes an assemblage of flimsy parts will make a lighter piece. You guys get offended personally too easy. Remember, none of us MS 261 C-M owners call you da, db, sh, mfr, or eh hole. So just keep showing your immature character in the defense of your "lightweight" pieces!

Obviously you think you are funny......but to everyone else its just sad .

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard down the grape vine that skier is actually only a teenager and that saw in his sig is his first and only saw his daddy gave him for christmas. He apparently has only run one tank through it so far with his 49.352:1 mix and somehow knows everything about the 2 biggest saw manufacturers products. I have broked far more stihls then husky's and i run husky's far more. When i run a plastic saw then go back to the heavy turd of a metal saw i learn to appreciate the flimsy plastics. I'm not talking about the new stihls either as they too have flimsy plastics. I'm talking about what saws used to be. Plastic IMO was an improvement.

That seems about right ! Maybe he can become a member at AS Junior !

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.....just wow.

I am absolutely positive, I have it in print from the Stihl website, M-Tronic does adjust the timing on the fly. Perhaps under load it retards it a bit, I don't know, but I know that everyone that has run a saw with it seems to love it, and not trying to knock anything, but the Auto Tune reviews are a lot more "mixed". Even on this website when they discuss "Best Saw" someone wrote (his 562, when it runs right). I'm looking for a saw the runs right every time. After visiting the dealer yesterday and hefting various saws I am now leaning toward a MS 362 instead of a 261. It seems significantly lighter than my 441 and just "felt good". The dealer just got the 362 with M-Tronic, which I don't think is on the website yet. Now I just need to sell my 441!

I have a MS261C-M that I love Mike. I modify a couple of hundreds saws a year, and can say with confidence that the Stihl M-Tronic system is nearly flawless. Get the 362, or 261 and enjoy.

So mustangmike,
You must be a really strong dude to go and handle all of those sweet new M-Tronic stihls and leave without one. ;) good luck with the saw hunt!

So mustangmike,
You must be a really strong dude to go and handle all of those sweet new M-Tronic stihls and leave without one. ;) good luck with the saw hunt!

Your shut-off timing is definetly "Retarded" :buttkick:

I have a MS261C-M that I love Mike. I modify a couple of hundreds saws a year, and can say with confidence that the Stihl M-Tronic system is nearly flawless. Get the 362, or 261 and enjoy.
Thanks Randy, feedback from someone with your level of experience is why I joined the site. Also, quoting from Stihl on M-Tronic on the 261 "... the M-Tronic adjusts the ignition timing in all operating modes." Now, do you know anyone who wants an almost new 441 pre M-Tronic? I need to take some pictures and list it on this website.
Mustang Mike

Mike, just go get a Stihl, as we can see you aren't a Husky fan! :)

P.S. I had a 67 & 68 Mustang years ago, really like what Ford has done with the new ones!

Already had his mind made up from the first post anyhow !! Enjoy your Stiihl.....Im a Husky guy.....but you cant go wrong with any of the major brands !

Mike, just go get a Stihl, as we can see you aren't a Husky fan! :)

P.S. I had a 67 & 68 Mustang years ago, really like what Ford has done with the new ones!
I've got nothing against Husky, both companies make excellent saws, and the 50 and 60 cc Huskys are lighter and more compact than their Stihl counterparts. I also believe the Stihl 044 and Husky 372 are the standard by which all serious professional saws are judged. That said, My review of numerous customer comments reflect fewer problems with M-Tronic than Auto Tune, and I don't see any evidence that Auto Tune also adjusts the timing. Bottom line is that both companies make saws you can love. My nephew tested a 562 and said it was awesome.

My 2006 Mustang GT is Mustang # 10. It has a Whipple SC with 530 HP. Previous 65, 2-67s, 3-68s, 70 Boss 302 Body (put 427 Ford Motor in it), 85 GT, 2000 GT and the new one. All of the old Mustangs were fastbacks, only one was automatic. My licence Plate is "RTRO68GT".

That seems about right ! Maybe he can become a member at AS Junior !

funny thing is that skier actually liked my post you qouted :laugh: i read something about him saying us husky guys are really trying to prove our saws aren't flimsy, when really he's the one who started the whole show and is the one trying to prove our saws are flimsy. meanwhile he has never ever even used one!! MESUPRA posted a PM he got from skier in another thread and skier really wanted one of his 550's. he's a husky guy and he doesn't even know it, just like all stihl guys. how's that for stirring the pot :givebeer:

I've got nothing against Husky, both companies make excellent saws, and the 50 and 60 cc Huskys are lighter and more compact than their Stihl counterparts. I also believe the Stihl 044 and Husky 372 are the standard by which all serious professional saws are judged. That said, My review of numerous customer comments reflect fewer problems with M-Tronic than Auto Tune, and I don't see any evidence that Auto Tune also adjusts the timing. Bottom line is that both companies make saws you can love. My nephew tested a 562 and said it was awesome.

My 2006 Mustang GT is Mustang # 10. It has a Whipple SC with 530 HP. Previous 65, 2-67s, 3-68s, 70 Boss 302 Body (put 427 Ford Motor in it), 85 GT, 2000 GT and the new one. All of the old Mustangs were fastbacks, only one was automatic. My licence Plate is "RTRO68GT".
Husky did stumble a bit with the auto-tune, but they seem to have it under control now. My 562xp was a early 2011 model and it's been flawless! According to the internet most of the early AT saws were all bad, but in reality only a few...lol. I really couldn't own a ms362 after running this saw. I also can't see the timing advance thing meaning anything if the Stihls do that, the Huskys cut faster. :)

Nice list of stangs! I had a 68 fast back built 289 4 speed in the late 70s'. Then a 67 fastback later with a built 351C atomatic. I liked the first one better. :)

If he wants a limbing saw there are alot of good choices out there. And I hate to burst everyones bubble but the oldtimers on here know it too. Look at Stihls Huskies saws from the 80's to 90's compared to todays. All manufactures are trying to save money which means more cheaper made parts. All of yall are so set on one brand you are forgetting a few underdogs. Tanaka makes a great limbing and arborist saw. I have ran a few of these they aren't slouches. Echo makes some good saws so does Shindawa. Don't just go with a brand because it has a huge name do your research. And all this mtronic and autotune it boils down to emissions. Yes it does help the saw run better but the main focal was emissions. The epa cracked down especially hard on 2 stroke engines because they said they burned dirtier.

Latest posts

Back