Husqvarna vs Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's put this baby up so we can all see what's being tossed about.View attachment 326453
That is a great post, thanks, don't know how you found it, I will have to look a little harder. Clearly demonstrates how you can improve on the "old" timing system, and how on the fly timing improves performance, efficiency and emissions. I believe this ends the debate for me, I will try to sell my 441 and get a 362 C-M.
Thanks

A Racehorse for work huh? Wait are you working or racing?
Working and racing.. seems like I have always done a lot of both. Started off with a 66 Mustang with a 289 and full Cobra kit.

I got a 372XP and then wanted it faster, so I got one ported. Well then, I had to have the 75cc 372XPW. Got that ported too.

Sort of like the lyrics in a cowboy song.. Faster horses, Younger women, Older whiskey. More money..

Of course that's just a song, but I still like fast cars and fast chainsaws.

Younger women and older whiskey.. Well that's all in the past. I never liked whiskey anyway.

Working and racing.. seems like I have always done a lot of both. Started off with a 66 Mustang with a 289 and full Cobra kit.

I got a 372XP and then wanted it faster, so I got one ported. Well then, I had to have the 75cc 372XPW. Got that ported too.

Sort of like the lyrics in a cowboy song.. Faster horses, Younger women, Older whiskey. More money..

Of course that's just a song, but I still like fast cars and fast chainsaws.

Younger women and older whiskey.. Well that's all in the past. I never liked whiskey anyway.
The 289 was a nice motor, had them in my 1st 2 Mustangs (a 67 Fastback and a 65 Fastback), but once I got into built big blocks (390, 427 & 428) there was no turning back. Had a 351 C built to run like a 351 Boss, but it did not compare the the FE motors. My 20 year old 044 is still stock, but it was such a big jump up from the Homelite 330 I was using previously that I guess I just didn't feel the need to build it, but it is a great saw. I think the 372s and 044s set a new standard back when.

My Chevy's better than your Ford, REALLY??? What are you guys like 17 maybe 18. Bury the hatchet already. As to those mis-informed about CDI system, go do your homework before condemning it or dismissing the facts PLEASE...

hey now, we've ALL be known to google at one time or another, it's just that some of us google a more than others. There's no shame in googling! :sucks:

Sounds dirty :)

That is a great post, thanks, don't know how you found it, I will have to look a little harder. Clearly demonstrates how you can improve on the "old" timing system, and how on the fly timing improves performance, efficiency and emissions. I believe this ends the debate for me, I will try to sell my 441 and get a 362 C-M.
Thanks
The 362 should serve you well, but that graph shouldn't be the deal-sealer, as it is a graph of the ignition module's timing advance. Almost all modern modules do this, and it is not the m-tronic advancing the timing as it senses a need

Corvettes are turds compared to my VW hippie van
atevuqym.jpg

Sent from my Autotune Carb

Have you ever driven a new corvette? I assume that was a joke or you just hate GM. My buddy has one and it'll take any stang to the cleaners. Actually no. I got another buddy with a built to the tits stang pushing 900hp and that ain't no joke. I'm sure the corvette would take it if built equivalent though.

Have you ever driven a new corvette? I assume that was a joke or you just hate GM. My buddy has one and it'll take any stang to the cleaners. Actually no. I got another buddy with a built to the tits stang pushing 900hp and that ain't no joke. I'm sure the corvette would take it if built equivalent though.

It was a joke and that isn't really my shaggin' wagon. My FIL has a 1967 and 2013 Corvette.

Sent from my Autotune Carb

Latest posts

Back