Husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If KTM & Husqvarna fought...

LOL nice old T'NT there Mike. The only thing I hated about those old Rotax motors was that the kickstart shaft was hollow/had the shifter shaft running through it... PIA if one ever stripped the splines off. (as I did) I had a 77 Qualifier 175... bought it from the orig owner in 83 or so... I put insurance and a street tag on it, rode it for about a year before joining the Army. Another quirk on those was oil injection (IIRC the 'tank' was in the backbone of the frame, under the fuel tank) that was always suspect... I pinched the line and ran Spectro pre-mix thankyaverymuch. I dunno if it was Qualifier-only or on the T'NTs and MX-#s but mine had eccentric steering head bearings. One could adjust the geometry for woods or open ground.

LOL Barum knobbies, Betor forks, Preston-Petty plastic stuff...

OT I know... but at least it's loud, smokes, and spins a chain eh?

Last edited:
I call 'em Husky---- vernons. And the Stihls I call "Steals" after the way they go about taking your money.

Sweden does make the best dirt bikes, and chainsaws..

Husaberg and Highland (www.highland.se) dirt bikes are awesome.

As are the Husky chainsaws. Isn't it well known already?
Sweden has the hardest steel, the most beautiful blondes, the best food ;)
Seriously, consider what we produce in cars (volvo, saab), ships (kockums stealth corvettes and submarines), fighter jets (Gripen, best in the world), mining machiney(atlas copco), trucks (volvo, scania), enery/power (abb) and the list goes on and on .... with 8 million people. Pretty amazing eh?
Why even consider a boring stihl from boring Germany ;)

But my girlfriend is from Germany and I must say she is nice :cheers:

/Peter

You know, i wouldnt brag about making volvos or saabs since theyre pretty much worst cars in the wold after fords
:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Yesterday, i saw 3 frozen volvos and one saab that was about to blow up anytime since it was burning so much oil...

Cant say anything bad about scanias thou....

They dont even sell real beer at shops, you have to goto booze shop to get 4.5% beer or anything stronger...

It's true that you have to go to special stores, but they are quite many.
Blis: Isn't that the case in Finland too? I went to Alko when I was there some weeks ago.

Yeah, we start-up pretty good things, but we can't keep them on-line...

Sweden does make the best dirt bikes, and chainsaws..

Husaberg and Highland (www.highland.se) dirt bikes are awesome.

Hasn't Husaberg gone the same way as Husqvarna, Italy or so? And hasn't Highland gone out of business? And not for the first time?

You know, i wouldn't brag about making volvos or saabs since they're pretty much worst cars in the wold after fords
:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Yesterday, i saw 3 frozen volvos and one saab that was about to blow up anytime since it was burning so much oil...

The problems with Saab started when we let the Finns in on manufacturing them...

Besides, Saab is American now (GM) and Volvo, well you said it: It's a Ford...

I'm going for Stihl and Audi now...

Welcome!

Welcome to AS ..Emma...we are going to have to get you a Husqvarna so you can learn to operate it...

Saab Volvo

Back in the 80's when I used to sell import auto parts we referred to Saabs and Volvos as "Toyota quality at a Mercedes price" I think today that would be an insult to Toyota quality!

I've worked in a sub-contractor company for Volvo for some time and I can say that the requirements of purchased parts are extremely high. Toyota has the best quality, I know. When chinese cars come out, I'm afraid they will be the best ;( We had three identical manufacturing sites in Sweden, Mexico and Poland. Poland had the best quality, Mexio second and Sweden came third. The cheaper the labour, the higher the quality. The reason was that you can tell the chinese, polish, whatever.. exactly what to do and they will do nothing but exactly that. So once you have good quality, it remains good quality. That's my sad experience ;( Too bad for all western countries.

Btw, did you know that the number of ECUs (Electronic Control Units) in a normal Volvo has now passed the number of horsepowers in any American car ever made ? A joke ;) but maybe not far from true. I also was at Volvo Trucks when they bought Mack Trucks and it was like reversing the clock 30 years. But Americans and Europeans like different things I guess.

It's true that you have to go to special stores, but they are quite many.
Blis: Isn't that the case in Finland too? I went to Alko when I was there some weeks ago.

Yup, to the alko if you wish anything stronger than 4.5% but last time i was in sweden (couple years ago) you couldnt even get 4.5% cider from food shop over there and since clock was 16.15 i couldnt even get in to booze shop :cry: :cry:

All Saab owners have a saab story to tell:dizzy:

No other country in the world can put together advanced enginnering and manufacturing capability like the US. When we decide to do it, and do it right, then everyone else have a seat. The Chinese have the capacity, but beg, borrow or steal the know how to get it done.

All Saab owners have a saab story to tell:dizzy:

No other country in the world can put together advanced enginnering and manufacturing capability like the US. When we decide to do it, and do it right, then everyone else have a seat. The Chinese have the capacity, but beg, borrow or steal the know how to get it done.

No other country can design cars that drink 15-20 liters per 100km...

Btw, did you know that the number of ECUs (Electronic Control Units) in a normal Volvo has now passed the number of horsepowers in any American car ever made ?

Haha... I'd believe it. I had a 1973 volvo with a computer in it. Meanwhile, the 350 Chev was coming into its own here in the US

Back