i didn't get a new saw yesterday, anyone else?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmurph

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
well, with all of the new saw threads yesterday, i thought one might mysteriously show up at my door. so i checked UPS tracking all day, raced home and looked at the garage door, checked for phone messages, and asked the wife if Brown brought me something she was hiding. but alas, twasn't to be. did anyone else have a bad day for getting new saws?
on the bright side, i do have a clutch cover coming for a 261/262 conversion, a box of bailey's junk on the way, a 34" NOS Mac bar coming for the 125, and a new 20" sandvic coming for the 123.

Cheer up Murph it's just a time lapse thing. It happens here all the time. Don't have nothing for a week or two and then everytime we come home there's something new on the steps to the shop.

You did great finding a clutch cover for a 262 -- I was just in the shop marking a 55 cover and wondering about cutting it.....

However, Craigs had a 346 in Powder Springs. It found a new home!!:good:

well, with all of the new saw threads yesterday, i thought one might mysteriously show up at my door. so i checked UPS tracking all day, raced home and looked at the garage door, checked for phone messages, and asked the wife if Brown brought me something she was hiding. but alas, twasn't to be. did anyone else have a bad day for getting new saws?
on the bright side, i do have a clutch cover coming for a 261/262 conversion, a box of bailey's junk on the way, a 34" NOS Mac bar coming for the 125, and a new 20" sandvic coming for the 123.

Oh, so THAT'S why that box showed up on my porch...

UPS is a little slow lately, I guess due to the weather. Received two packages on Jan. 19th, shipped from the Oregon coast on Jan.7th., thats 13 days!!

Oh I got one alright, but look at the McCulloch thread for that story, or look at my sig...

No saw for me. I was eyeballing a husky 390xp and a 576xp autotune the other day. I left them both on the dealer shelf. Not a money thing but I just don’t need either of them. I left with a case of bar oil and some ultra. So much for CAD.

Nothing here yesterday (or the day before, etc.) but weather was not an issue as it was in the upper 50's. However, I did pick up 1 saw last Wednesday and three last Thursday I will need to post. I expect the Possum clan will like a couple of them.

I didn't get one either although I am feeling the CAD itch again. We just got a farm hand come to live with us for a few months. He is a little dude and the smallest Saw I have is a 365. Looks like I may have to look at a smaller saw. Hehe dam.:act-up:

I didn't get one either although I am feeling the CAD itch again. We just got a farm hand come to live with us for a few months. He is a little dude and the smallest Saw I have is a 365. Looks like I may have to look at a smaller saw. Hehe dam.:act-up:

Good excuse as any!!! 346xp gets my vote.

No new saws here either : ( I did have pretty cool morning waiting for the credit union to open and got off work at 7am,,,slept in the Walmart parking lot till 8:15 waiting till 9 am to get here and thought heck I'll kill sometime at the Dolmar dealer here... Nice stuff they had,,and like Jimmy Carter once said,,I had lust in my heart.......
The older gentalman that waited on me, I told him I was there to just kill sometime till the bank opened up but he wanted to show and explane about each saw they had,,and started talkin about how more people here in my area is starting to burn alot of wood for heat now...Yeah,,with the last eletric bill I had and I still burn wood,,it sucked..
I enjoyed talkin to him cause of him tellin me of when he grew up and all they had was a crosscut and the first saw he ever seen was a McCulloch,,and they was big in this area with Homelite's ,and the Poulan's caught on in the later 60's...
Well it was after 10am when I left,,and it was a nice damn good day to spend with a nice old dude in my area and kinda gave me a history lesson of how things was back then.... Oh,,,I still wanna new Dolmar...

Back