I have created a monster!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! Congrats! I've got one that kind of resembles that. I haven't received my HD air cleaner yet I ordered from Bailey's last week. I don't have a great picture but here is mine:

0501100949a.jpg

What kind of bar is that?

does anyone recommend semi or full skip, or is regular fine?

28" =Full skip for falling or semi if you have to do a bunch of limbing to go with yer falling. Full comp if you have a lot of free time - Sam

What kind of bar is that?

It is a total brand made by Tsumura. You can usually get them at a Jonsered dealer.

Here's some more pictures of Tiger Rag's 7900.

010-3.jpg

011-4.jpg

I would use full comp on that size bar. Stihl brand will be fine. The saw won't notice what kind of chain is on it as long as it's sharp.

Last edited:
It is a total brand made by Tsumura. You can usually get them at a Jonsered dealer.

Here's some more pictures of Tiger Rag's 7900.

010-3.jpg

011-4.jpg

I would use full comp on that size bar. Stihl brand will be fine. The saw won't notice what kind of chain is on it as long as it's sharp.

Yep, Mdavlee's old saw.....and yes, I got the bar from my local Jonsered dealer. Great saw, love it so far with just some bucking, but haven't put it to any real hard use yet.

Last edited:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1mjlM_RnsVE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1mjlM_RnsVE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I have a question regarding mounting of the Sugi bar-

They supply these spacer things with the bar since it is considered a "universal" mount and (basically cut to fit STIHL studs). On my saw, with the spacers in place, the bar is not entirely "snug" on the studs. It does seem to "sit happy" in the proper position, and obviously does not move when bolted down. I am worried though that it could "shift" up or down when pressure is applied in a cut. Is this possible? and, if so, is it hazardous?

Thanks for the help!

I have a question regarding mounting of the Sugi bar-

They supply these spacer things with the bar since it is considered a "universal" mount and (basically cut to fit STIHL studs). On my saw, with the spacers in place, the bar is not entirely "snug" on the studs. It does seem to "sit happy" in the proper position, and obviously does not move when bolted down. I am worried though that it could "shift" up or down when pressure is applied in a cut. Is this possible? and, if so, is it hazardous?

Thanks for the help!

Kev,

Don't worry about it.
They all have some play in the bar/studs.
Hold the chain up while tightening the bar nuts down good and let 'er rip.

If it moves, that means it wasn't tight enough at the start.

Mike

Here is a little better picture of it with the HD air filter kit and I swapped on the 24" Tsumura. The 24" is a better fit for weight and balance. Pulls the 28" full comp just fine though.

P1030675.jpg

P1030680.jpg

Back