I just became a bi.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am quantrasawsall but the other two junkers don't count. I run my Huskys in the big wood and my two top handle stihls in the canopy. Both of my 372s are now modded one is snellerized the other bb'ed both mm'ed my 2101 is stock as well as the 395 but the 395 after I put a little more use on it is getting a port job. I use saws for my living so I run the best out there I can afford.

but I do have a question for y'all - what are the vital reasons for having more than two saws?

Since I usually cut up whole trees I need a small saw (346xp) and a big saw (372xp) because it would wear me out to use the 372 to cut up the whole tree.

I have my 359 as a back up saw just in case one of the other two saws break. In a pinch it can replace either of the two. Well maybe not the 372 but it can cut some pretty hefty wood. I don't keep the 359 with me while cutting since I'm just a fire wood cutter. My saws aren't likely to break but if they do I'm usually close to home.

I've got a Makita 401 but it'll probably be sold since I got the 346 to replace it. The 401 is a good little saw but it just doesn't have the oomph to keep cutting some bigger stuff and I had to reach for the 372 sooner than I wanted.

Thanks for getting us back on topic, Dan. Some joker derailed this thread a while back. Good to be back on track.

For me, the 260 is my best all around saw. The 210 doesn't get a lot of respect around here, but I like it for the small stuff. Fits nicely behind the seat of my truck, too.

The 041 runs a 20" bar and I use it on the bigger stuff. I bought it off from an old timer for $50, so there were few spousal repurcussions with that one. I also like it for making noodles out of rounds that won't yield to the maul.

Don't run the Homies a lot. the XL12 is gathering dust. The 550W is 80cc+ and it's my insurance policy if I get into some real big wood. (It's a loud SOB, so I run it sometimes when I don't need it just for fun.) That one was only $75 from another old timer. Again, few repurcussions.

Just got the Mac 555. It runs but haven't gotten it into wood yet. That one was only $2. The Mac 10-10 was free - didn't sell at a yard sale and was kicked to the curb. It's termpramental but sure does a good job of converting fuel into decibels when it runs. The 3818 is what I run if I might rock out and don't want to ruin a good saw. Forgot how much that one cost, but it was cheap too.

Unclemoustache, I seem to recall that you're a religious man. Remember well the wise words from Ecclesiastes - to everything there is a season, and a saw for every purpose under heaven.

:)

Thanks for getting us back on topic, Dan. Some joker derailed this thread a while back. Good to be back on track.

Oh I don't know - I rather enjoyed the digression about small farting dogs. However, I'd still like to know why someone accused you of feeling one.

Unclemoustache, I seem to recall that you're a religious man. Remember well the wise words from Ecclesiastes - to everything there is a season, and a saw for every purpose under heaven.

Ah yes! And don't forget Ezekiel 24:9-10: "I too will pile the wood high. So heap on wood and kindle the fire."

Might be Woodboogas dog

funnypet120.jpg

Oh I don't know - I rather enjoyed the digression about small farting dogs. However, I'd still like to know why someone accused you of feeling one.

In the spirit of fun, I present the fiesty mutt, Walter the Farting Dog. Many of you with young children may already be familiar with the series.

h2314.jpg

Ah yes! And don't forget Ezekiel 24:9-10: "I too will pile the wood high. So heap on wood and kindle the fire."

No need then for this thread to continue. By dint of scriptural imperative, you may indulge in CAD without the slightest pang of guilt-ridden remorse.

Or, put another way, buy as many saws as you may please. The Bible commands thee!

One of the first lessons I learned cutting wood is to never go into the woods with just one saw. Even though a chainsaw was created and blessed by the one all powerful God, they are still a two stroke and can sometimes get finicky on you. It is a major bummer to be in the woods with a saw that won't start...or has gotten hopelessly pinched in a bough with no way of prying it loose.

It is a major bummer to be in the woods with a saw that won't start...or has gotten hopelessly pinched in a bough with no way of prying it loose.

Learned that cutting my 1st fallen tree. LOL. Joker got pinched. I had to drive home, grab my axe (Only had 1 saw at the time) and drive back to chop it out.

Next time it happened, I had my trusty Echo on the case. Forgot to grab my wedges and the tree tilted backwards. finished the cut above my saw with the echo and let it topple backwards.

Fun learning. LOL.

CAD got me as well. Here's my small family and I can't wait to increase it's size. I'll stick with one brand as there are so many and I LOVE this brand of saws! Couldn't bring myself to include the mighty Poulan wood shark.:greenchainsaw:

Thanks Bg, I hope to include an 044, 056, 066 or 660, 076 and an 880 or 090.
That should take me forever to get the saws and find a way out of the dog house!

Back