I just cut myself with my 660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buying biners?

Buy one of everything and two of the one you think look the coolest.

Figure out the rest as you go along. We'll help ya. Happy shopping.

p.s. You are derailing Lucas' thread. Are you Sick Sick Sick, or #%^*ING WHAT?

(heh, heh, heh, Sorry.)

sick sick sick

i thought that adam was very amusing. this board could use a little humor. is his bann for good? i miss the stupid focker

18114.gif

Hey everyone, Adam's back!

MasterBlaster isn't sick........But dead animals make him feel sick:cry:

MB has a soft senistive side........That's why he's an Oak in Euc clothing.:D

For a full explanation see the October 2003, Vol 12, No 5 of the ISA's Arborist News.

I believe it is also in Don Blair's book "Arborist Equipment".

Don Blair took a local (California) observation of his own and attempted (with some success) to create a new terminology about tree workers. The Euc are the wildmen that work on those big nasty Eucalyptus trees in CA. The Oaks are the tree guys who care more about tree care than in big nasty removals and hairy rigging. No offense to Mr Blair but it was pretty stupid out of context. I read an article by him where he talked about Oak guys and Euc men and I thought he must mean Arborists as compared to Electric Utility Company tree butchers. Later I read his book and I understood. Don Blair has contributed a lot to the industry but this wasn't one of his great accomplishments IMO.:angel:

Naw, I disagree. I first heard the story for Don Blair directly. It's a great thing to hear when you're 18 years old and thinking about spending your life in tree care. He's an Art Martin of arboriculture.

Nick, It was kinda cute in his book. When he used the terms out of that context it was lame because it was confusing. As more people read Blair's book or the articles where he defined his terms it was perhaps less confusing---- BUT-Anytime a literate individual picks up an article in which normal dictionary definitions don't work and the context fails to make meanings clear it is poorly written. Inside jokes and terminology are fun-for the insiders-otherwise they merely appear foolish or rude.:rolleyes:

Back